Collins was released!

buno67

21 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Its funny that every media member ignores this, or maybe they just don't know it.

That makes our official number we have to spend at 81.89

But consider our carry over is a league high 56.5 mllion our team salary is really only 25.39 million under the cap.

The colts are 56 million under the cap. 

The Jets are 88 million under the cap. 

The Bills 68.7 under the cap. 

The Texans are 50.9 under.

There are about 14 teams that have more pure cap space than we do.

We just have a lot of money that we can use for one year and lose.  There's a huge difference.

This. But we can make one big FA acquisition without the player affecting the cap effectively for 3-5 years (Im not sure if the roll over cap is eternal or if it has a limit with the CBA saying you have to spend an X percent of your cap over 5 yr period)

9 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

So what does everyone think. Are the Browns a better team today after releasing Jamie Collins? Yay or Nay

I say nay.  While lazy often, he still was a starting linebacker for us when healthy.

I don't believe so at all.
That being said, after we have the ability to sign someone else, another LB, then our team probably will be better...

9 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

So what does everyone think. Are the Browns a better team today after releasing Jamie Collins? Yay or Nay

I say nay.  While lazy often, he still was a starting linebacker for us when healthy.

i say push
kirksey schobert avery vs collins schobert avery isnt really much difference IMO

11 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Right now? No, but we aren’t allowed to use that money to sign anyone.  Let’s see where we are after FA.

59 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Right now? No, but we aren’t allowed to use that money to sign anyone.  Let’s see where we are after FA.

Yeah, cutting Collins doesn't make us any better. Cutting Collins and using his cap hold to sign two 5M players or one 10M player very likely does.

2 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

Its funny that every media member ignores this, or maybe they just don't know it.

That makes our official number we have to spend at 81.89

But consider our carry over is a league high 56.5 mllion our team salary is really only 25.39 million under the cap.

The colts are 56 million under the cap. 

The Jets are 88 million under the cap. 

The Bills 68.7 under the cap. 

The Texans are 50.9 under.

There are about 14 teams that have more pure cap space than we do.

We just have a lot of money that we can use for one year and lose.  There's a huge difference.

Bro I don't know where you get your information and I don't fully know how the roll over stuff works but I do know some pretty solid facts that say you are worried about nothing.

1). We have just a shade over 133.5 million committed to the cap for 2020

2). Even if the cap doesn't go up a single penny for 2020 from 2019 then the official hard cap without any roll over is 188.2 million.

3). I am no math genius, so we might need to bring in @mistakey to confirm, but I am fairly certain that leaves us with a shade under 54.7 million we still have available toward 2020 cap space. 

Basically with the cap going up over 10 million ever year and contracts like Carrie, Chris Smith, Kirkso and Zeitler with easy outs should they not perform starting in 2020 as well as potentially the loss of Duke Johnson's 4,850,000 cap number I think the Browns will be fine. We could add 2 mega contracts and still be fine IMO.

6 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Bro I don't know where you get your information and I don't fully know how the roll over stuff works but I do know some pretty solid facts that say you are worried about nothing.

1). We have just a shade over 133.5 million committed to the cap for 2020

2). Even if the cap doesn't go up a single penny for 2020 from 2019 then the official hard cap without any roll over is 188.2 million.

3). I am no math genius, so we might need to bring in @mistakey to confirm, but I am fairly certain that leaves us with a shade under 54.7 million we still have available toward 2020 cap space. 

Basically with the cap going up over 10 million ever year and contracts like Carrie, Chris Smith, Kirkso and Zeitler with easy outs should they not perform starting in 2020 as well as potentially the loss of Duke Johnson's 4,850,000 cap number I think the Browns will be fine. We could add 2 mega contracts and still be fine IMO.

50 million but with a bunch of guys off contract. 

Ogbah, higgins, schobert, randall. 

We want roll over cap going into the year we resign garrett, njoku, larry, peppers so we can we front load as much as possible.we need to start saving.

Just now, TypicalBrowns10 said:

You guys remember when Jamie got OWNED by Rivers.... Like you let a QB manhandle you in the run game. Yeah me too....

Honestly what the Ravens were doing to him was even more embarrassing. It wasn't getting manhandled by a QB but they were manipulating the F out of him. They knew he was the fish and they exposed him in that 1st half. They knew he wouldn't play discipline team defense.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Honestly what the Ravens were doing to him was even more embarrassing. It wasn't getting manhandled by a QB but they were manipulating the F out of him. They knew he was the fish and they exposed him in that 1st half. They knew he wouldn't play discipline team defense.

No letting QB manhandle you is way worse. Lol 

Collins has all the talent in the world, he just doesn't love football. I think that's why at times he gets burned, and why he never lived up to the potential everyone knows he has. Money was obviously why he was cut, but Dorsey and co. want a team filled with dudes who live the game of football. Collins was the one dude defensively that I could pinpoint every Sunday that plays the game because of the business and not out of love. Baker, Garrett, Peppers, Larry, Ward, Schobert, Randall, Chubb, Landry, etc. all breathe football. 

Archived