Browns Go WR Shopping

OhioG

At this point, a solid number veteran number 3/4 player for depth and/or a young underachieving player with some tools/traits as a developmental starter are all that is available at every position....

Few exceptions are vet players with huge contacts that get released b/c their play doesn't meet their contractual price point.

That's why largely what we have at this point...is what we have; however, now is the time to build for depth in the event of an injury..

No player acquired from this point on is likely to move the scale,....

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Louis has speed but butter fingers. He shouldn't factor into any decision. 

Then substitute Higgins.  How much of an uograde would he really be at the expense of a draft pick over what we have?  Or Leslie, I believe we have several guys that can be every bit as good as him already on the roster.  The only difference, they have not done it yet.

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

They just don't have it, it doesn't take two whole years to prove if you can play or not

I don't disagree, but WR can take some time to learn and develop and our qb situation hasn't exactly helped them.

I'll give any of these guys the benefit of the doubt, but other than Coleman no one guaranteed a roster spot next year IMO. They need a premium talent or two added to the mix.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don't disagree, but WR can take some time to learn and develop and our qb situation hasn't exactly helped them.

I'll give any of these guys the benefit of the doubt, but other than Coleman no one guaranteed a roster spot next year IMO. They need a premium talent or two added to the mix.

agree, not too many years ago, it was widely said in NFL circles that year 3 was the year that the light comes on for WRs.  In the past, that was pretty much true.  Modern day WRs however (many of them) have changed that line of thinking.

Here is one example we can all relate to:

Braylon Edwards

2005 - 32 receptions 512 yards 3 TDs

2006 - 61 receptions 884 yards 6 TDs

2007 - 80 receptions 1289 yards 16 TDs

Sadly when the light came on for him it turned out to just be a flicker and went right back out.

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

Moritz Bohringer. He's still on the Vikings as far as I know.

Yeah I just looked him up. He's on the PS. I'd love to bring that guy in. Al Saunders tuned Pryor into a stud with similar measurables. I'd love to see what he can do with moritz. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah I just looked him up. He's on the PS. I'd love to bring that guy in. Al Saunders tuned Pryor into a stud with similar measurables. I'd love to see what he can do with moritz. 

I hope the front office takes the same approach to WR next year the have with the defense, add physical freaks.

I realize there are plenty of WR's who aren't freak athletes or huge, but I'd prefer if that's the type of guy we started pursing. If they don't run a sub 4.4 or are at least 6'3, 220 keep looking.

I feel like guys like Higgins and Payton are a dime a dozen, not much different than UDFA's.

I'd love a gaggle of WR's built like TE's with one or two deep threats mixed in.

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I hope the front office takes the same approach to WR next year the have with the defense, add physical freaks.

I realize there are plenty of WR's who aren't freak athletes or huge, but I'd prefer if that's the type of guy we started pursing. If they don't run a sub 4.4 or are at least 6'3, 220 keep looking.

I feel like guys like Higgins and Payton are a dime a dozen, not much different than UDFA's.

I'd love a gaggle of WR's built like TE's with one or two deep threats mixed in.

Equanimeous St. Brown from ND is 6'5 200 lbs and Auden Tate 6'5 220 could be in that mold. Not sure what they will run but the look fast on tape. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Equanimeous St. Brown from ND is 6'5 200 lbs and Auden Tate 6'5 220 could be in that mold. Not sure what they will run but the look fast on tape. 

I got Equanimeous St. Brown in my Madden draft.  He's a 74 overall with quick potential.

Archived