Pro Day Results

goldfishwars

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Those people will question him no matter what. The best way to handle it is to live his life and not care. A fraction of an inch won't determine his success or failure in the NFL.

They can't question you if there's no questions to ask :)

I do agree w/ your last line though. It does seem to mean more when you're hovering the 5'9" area. I think you'll agree, that as dumb as it is, people think 5'10" and 5'9" are major differences. 

21 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

So these people who don't believe his measurements are just gonna take the people's word measuring at his pro day? That seems unreasonable. 

That first time he used his magical powers to measure in at 5'10''. Lucky for us, those are one use magical powers.

Hey, like I said, I didn't believe it but there are people saying he did stretching or put stuff in his socks to gain height. Prove em wrong. Stretching to gain an inch or so is possible also. It's not "magical powers".

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Those people will question him no matter what. The best way to handle it is to live his life and not care. A fraction of an inch won't determine his success or failure in the NFL.

The great thing about him and his situation, we will find out quickly if he's cut out for the NFL or not. But I think its fair for people to be suspect of a 5-9/ 5-10 200 lb guy being able to have sustained success in the NFL

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

Hey, like I said, I didn't believe it but there are people saying he did stretching or put stuff in his socks to gain height. Prove em wrong. Stretching to gain an inch or so is possible also. It's not "magical powers".

Can you stretch taller than you actually are? How's that possible? Also couldn't he put stuff in his socks again? Why would they believe this time. Why wouldn't the combine measure players barefoot anyways? 

10 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

They can't question you if there's no questions to ask :)

I do agree w/ your last line though. It does seem to mean more when you're hovering the 5'9" area. I think you'll agree, that as dumb as it is, people think 5'10" and 5'9" are major differences. 

Those questions will still be there. Conspiracy theorists are conspiracy theorists because they don't accept facts.

56 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Can you stretch taller than you actually are? How's that possible? Also couldn't he put stuff in his socks again? Why would they believe this time. Why wouldn't the combine measure players barefoot anyways? 

https://www.google.com/search?q=stretching+to+make+yourself+taller&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS821US823&oq=stretching+to+make+yourself+taller&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j0.5214j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Can't say I've ever tried but there's a lot of people saying it's true.

Don't ask me why the combine does why they do. I don't work there. Would be nice though :) 

4 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Yeah, that hasn't gotten lost on me. Thanks! 

When one of his biggest criticisms was his height, you'd think he'd take every opportunity to prove people wrong, right? When arguably his biggest asset is his speed then he looks to have bulked up, you'd want to show people you have that speed, right? Well, he's 0-2. I understand he can throw a football against defenses that resemble high school kids, I get it. The other stuff is kinda important though. Not for a traditional QB, no, but for the smaller, athletic QB? Yep.

He's already had his height measured twice. Get over it and take off the tinfoil hat. You don't need a third height measurement to let you know how tall he is. And who cares how fast he runs, he's a quarterback. He throws the ball for a living. Running a 40 has no bearing on his ability to do that well. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't recommend a QB ever run the 40.  Even guys who are perceived to be "fast" based on how they run around in football games usually don't put up fantastic times.  So if your guy who is an "athletic quarterback" based on how he plays in games is only going to run like a 4.63, then don't bother.  People will know if you can run away from guys by watching games.  QB's not a stopwatch position.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

2 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

Didn't he just have an ACL repaired?

True my mistake, and sadly for him his speed is his one redeeming quality and that could be greatly decreased after this.  Had a bad year in college for this senior year and just did not look himself, and clearly now will not be able to perform at any pro day either.  

Tyron Johnson from Oklahoma State ripped up his pro day running a 4.34 40, former LSU player had an ok season last year but expected a little more to be honest.  Still clearly has great athletic ability and this showing could put him in the conversation to being drafted no question.  Totally ripped it up in that pro day, showed great burst and quick twitch ability as a pass catcher, big time potential no doubt but sadly did not always look that explosive on the football field.  

2 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

He's already had his height measured twice. Get over it and take off the tinfoil hat. You don't need a third height measurement to let you know how tall he is. And who cares how fast he runs, he's a quarterback. He throws the ball for a living. Running a 40 has no bearing on his ability to do that well. 

I only knew of it being measured once. And him running is important bc it's part of his game and part of his appeal. I have no tin foil hat, sir. These are valid concerns whether you like it or not

9 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I only knew of it being measured once. And him running is important bc it's part of his game and part of his appeal. I have no tin foil hat, sir. These are valid concerns whether you like it or not

They aren't valid concerns, you're just looking for excuses to not like him. He measured for MLB teams and he measured at the NFL combine, and both measurements were similar. The height measurements at the combine have been trusted for literally every other prospect. Not trusting them now is ridiculous. 

We know his height. We know he's fast. You don't need to get confirmation of that *again*

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

They aren't valid concerns, you're just looking for excuses to not like him. He measured for MLB teams and he measured at the NFL combine, and both measurements were similar. The height measurements at the combine have been trusted for literally every other prospect. Not trusting them now is ridiculous. 

We know his height. We know he's fast. You don't need to get confirmation of that *again*

Being a short QB isn't a concern in the NFL? Interesting. Not sure how many people would agree with you but I wasn't aware he was measured for MLB. Under 5'10" according to Hauck. So it looks like someone is wrong. 

We do know he's fast, sure do. There's still questions considering some say he's gained weight. 

Regardless, the reasons I'm not a fan of him as a prospect isn't his speed. That's just silly. I do worry about his height bc, whole you feel it's not valid, it certainly is. I worry about his inexperience, inability to read defenses, his hand size, and the basic af offense he ran at OU against defenses that resemble those in high school in the Big12. So yes, I'm not a fan of him as a prospect but not for reasons we're discussing so you're wrong there.

4 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

Gotta say I came away super impressed with Murray at his pro day. Looks like he played it right. Actually perform and participate in an environment he is comfortable in where he can orchestrate everything...

Idk how you can take away anything from his pro day positive or negative.  He looked good without a shirt so there doesn’t seem to be any bad weight.  Other than that...  We already knew he had a live arm and quick feet.

5 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Being a short QB isn't a concern in the NFL? Interesting. Not sure how many people would agree with you but I wasn't aware he was measured for MLB. Under 5'10" according to Hauck. So it looks like someone is wrong. 

We do know he's fast, sure do. There's still questions considering some say he's gained weight. 

Regardless, the reasons I'm not a fan of him as a prospect isn't his speed. That's just silly. I do worry about his height bc, whole you feel it's not valid, it certainly is. I worry about his inexperience, inability to read defenses, his hand size, and the basic af offense he ran at OU against defenses that resemble those in high school in the Big12. So yes, I'm not a fan of him as a prospect but not for reasons we're discussing so you're wrong there.

His hand size is more than fine bigger than alot of QB's drafted in the first round the last few years,

He came out of a similar offense that just produced the NFL MVP, the most TD's for a rookie QB ever and a superbowl participant last year.

And what tells you he can't read defenses?