Tampa Bay trades DeSean Jackson to eagles

49erurtaza

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:
24 minutes ago, bomont said:

Certainly possible but as I recall winners in FA rarely win the SB. Course the Rams came close last year but that's an outlier. Anyone else remember Philly's "dream team" FA haul years ago?

To be fair, we were "alright" in free agency last year, people were further factoring in our trades into the "FA" equation - and there were still a ton of people critical of us for trading a 1st for Cooks.

Cooks was acquired via trade.  So was Talib.  Suh was a FA.  But other than him, our FA pickups were really Sam Shields and Ramik Wilson.

Yeah Suh was really the big FA and his contract wasn't crazy.

Rams did pretty much the same thing the Eagles did the year before when they won, just with bigger names.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Our first three picks IMO should be some combination or DL, OL, RB

So, one of the first two in the 1st, because you guys don't draft anything other than big hosses (and QB's) in the 1st.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

So, one of the first two in the 1st, because you guys don't draft anything other than big hosses (and QB's) in the 1st.

BPA among those positions. 

Mid rounds we need to be looking secondary.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

To be fair, we were "alright" in free agency last year, people were further factoring in our trades into the "FA" equation - and there were still a ton of people critical of us for trading a 1st for Cooks.

Cooks was acquired via trade.  So was Talib.  Suh was a FA.  But other than him, our FA pickups were really Sam Shields and Ramik Wilson.

My bad, thx. So my theory holds, you want to win the SB, don't win FA!  ;)

Just now, bomont said:

My bad, thx. So my theory holds, you want to win the SB, don't win FA!  ;)

Not really.  Again, unless you're lumping "trades made in the offseason" with FA - which isn't really appropriate, since before the draft last offseason that Pats acquired Cordarelle Patterson, Trent Brown, Jason McCourty, and Danny Shelton, all who played a part of note in getting them to that Lombardi Trophy.  And that's just the most recent example.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Oh my god we pulled it off.

tenor.gif?itemid=5878976

So the plan was to lose 2 of your 3 Starting Wr in Hope's of it helping Winston get better?

Isn't Humphreys leaving too? Or you talking about getting picks specifically  instead of being cut?

2 hours ago, bomont said:

Certainly possible but as I recall winners in FA rarely win the SB. Course the Rams came close last year but that's an outlier. Anyone else remember Philly's "dream team" FA haul years ago?

No but we remember the Dream Team Season of 2017 very well when Howie nailed that offseason too. 

Alshon, Ajayi, Darby, Robinson, Foles, Blount, Long,  ect....

Nice try though bringing it up.

Archived