2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

22 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I don’t disagree. Would have been nice to get a rotational guy if possible though. It goes back to what Mayock said in his press conference. Usually FAs reach FA for a reason. And from them you can find good values and better fits but it’s buyer beware. Like I said, a rotational guy would have been nice

Or Khalil Mack 😇

I would've loved to add Za'Darius Smith, just not for $16M per year when he has only proven to be a 5-6 sack guy.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Crowell marshall and maybe aaron lynch would be an excellent way to round out our FA class.

Dude I didn't even think about RB. We have Richard and....Warren? I guess DWash for now but I doubt he's on the 53 come September. Well, at least we can get one in the draft. Or maybe get Lynch on a 1 year deal again.

35 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Dude I didn't even think about RB. We have Richard and....Warren? I guess DWash for now but I doubt he's on the 53 come September. Well, at least we can get one in the draft. Or maybe get Lynch on a 1 year deal again.

I think Lynch can still be a good back. But crowell is 26. And if he is a find, he has a future with us. He'll be hungry and has shown he can play. It's not like his prior 2 teams in their respective years had dynamic offenses either.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think Lynch can still be a good back. But crowell is 26. And if he is a find, he has a future with us. He'll be hungry and has shown he can play. It's not like his prior 2 teams in their respective years had dynamic offenses either.

Crowell is underrated he's only had over 200 carries once in his career, if he carried the ball 250 times he would rank in the top 10 statistically and he is a decent pass catcher!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Lynch hasn't had a 1,000+ yard season since 2014 and is going to be 33 next month. We need to get younger at RB, especially with Doug Martin's departure. Assuming our OL improves a RB by committee of Crowell, Richard, and Warren should be solid. 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lynch hasn't had a 1,000+ yard season since 2014 and is going to be 33 next month. We need to get younger at RB, especially with Doug Martin's departure. Assuming our OL improves a RB by committee of Crowell, Richard, and Warren should be solid. 

Not to mention, if the Raiders played in Vegas this year, he'd likely have retired already. It just a fanboy thing at this stage.

Warren... I can't wait for this hype to implode on itself like a dying star. The amount of hype Raider fans give preseason performance in the last 15 years is the 8th wonder of the world.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Warren... I can't wait for this hype to implode on itself like a dying star. The amount of hype Raider fans give preseason performance in the last 15 years is the 8th wonder of the world.

Do you expect the third string RB to be an elite player? Assuming we sign Crowell he's likely the #1, Richard would be the #2, and we'd carry Warren as the #3 because he's on a cheap deal and can play on special teams too. Plus he provides a skill set that the other 2 guys don't and can be used in the red zone. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Do you expect the third string RB to be an elite player? Assuming we sign Crowell he's likely the #1, Richard would be the #2, and we'd carry Warren as the #3 because he's on a cheap deal and can play on special teams too. Plus he provides a skill set that the other 2 guys don't and can be used in the red zone. 

All I am saying, is maybe we pump the breaks on calling Warren "solid", penciling him in on the roster, saying he can play special teams and that he "provides a skill set other guys don't" until he actually plays a game on Sunday.

Everything you are saying is based on pre-season, which is meaningless.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

All I am saying, is maybe we pump the breaks on calling Warren "solid", penciling him in on the roster, saying he can play special teams and that he "provides a skill set other guys don't" until he actually plays a game on Sunday.

Everything you are saying is based on pre-season, which is meaningless.  

I've never seen such a harsh outlook on a potential 3rd/4th string player. We're not expecting him to be Todd Gurley, but he's intriguing as a backup based on his size, speed, and how he looked last year in the preseason. He does provide a look that the other guys don't because he's 6'3" 255, we don't have another RB that's the size of a LB.

Edited by NYRaider

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've never seen such a harsh outlook on a potential 3rd/4th string player. We're not expecting him to be Todd Gurley, but he's intriguing as a backup based on his size, speed, and how he looked last year in the preseason. He does provide a look that the other guys don't because he's 6'3" 255, we don't have another RB that's the size of a LB.

Because I don't like his skillset. He's a plodding upright runner. Straight line. I can find a better #3 back in the draft. 

That said, I'm all for seeing him improve. Lower the pad level, trim down and get a little more explosive at the line of scrimmage.