2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

This is Football's Future. This site is all about making inferences on how college players will perform in the NFL. I'm confident Jacobs will be among the top backs when he enters the league just like most people were with Saquon.

Of course, I could be wrong, but that doesn't mean I can't make the inference.

Do you prefer Jacobs to Guice coming out? I still like Guice better. Wish we could have drafted him, though I do like Hall.

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

we have 72? figure we have 8 rookies so 80... prolly sign 10-15 udfas....   

also would just cut Washington...720K  adds up... would rather see Warren and Butler get snaps with better units.. Washington had his shot and didn't grab the brass ring, plus Reggie guys gotta go

Haha that's what I said.

You don't cut good players before camp that are on decent deals unless they ask for it or give you a reason. What if RIchard has something terrible happen in OTAs but we cut Wash because we can save 800k. Just dumb.

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

This is Football's Future. This site is all about making inferences on how college players will perform in the NFL. I'm confident Jacobs will be among the top backs when he enters the league just like most people were with Saquon.

I would not put him in the same category as Barkley but I do know the Raiders need a dynamic playmaker at RB.  If Jacobs is on the board at the end of the first, early second he has to be strongly considered with one of those picks.  He poses good value at 27.

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

As a fan of Montgomery and Jacobs, I don't know how you would like the former but not the latter. Jacobs is appreciably more explosive than Montgomery and has similar contact balance and one-step quickness. I also wouldn't lump Harris and Jacobs together as they're noticeably different runners. 

I'm not really a fan of Myles Sanders. He reminds me of a poorer man's version of Joe Mixon. He has nice quickness, but I'm not seeing the explosion out of his cuts to make him a special player. 

I wrote that quickly and didn't really explain my feeling on Jacobs and Montgomery.

Jacobs is being put on a pedestal imo and I think it's because of the lack of quality in this class at the position. I think Jacobs will be a good player but his lack of explosion, shiftiness, speed are deal breakers for someone being touted as highly as him. He has great balance and power. His vision is good to decent but he has also been behind a dominate Alabama line it is a little easier to hit those holes.

Montgomery is similar to Jacobs but I see more speed and make a guy or two miss vision and cut ability. Tons of cut back runs and 2nd level missed tackles while a lot of those runs for Jacobs would have 2 defenders dragging him down. He is close to being underrated by most which makes his value in the 3rd or maybe even the 4th super high to me even though I see less power and balance from him than Jacobs who is a low 1st-2nd rd grade.

Miles Sanders to me is a modern back with a little less power than you would like. Not sure what you are looking at when you say you don;t see explosion out of his cuts but I see plenty of burst there and he has the style and body that can improve that as he gets stronger. That he might be had in the 3rd or 4th is the plus here. He would helps us right away in tandem with Crow and Richard.

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

As bad as we need a DE if we were actually in the mix somebody would have picked up on it!

That makes sense but it also makes sense that tons of things happen on the trade block and free agency rumor train and there are different reasons they are leaked or not. No way to know. So it's also possible there is a reason our interest wasn't leaked.

27 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

That makes sense but it also makes sense that tons of things happen on the trade block and free agency rumor train and there are different reasons they are leaked or not. No way to know. So it's also possible there is a reason our interest wasn't leaked.

From what I have heard most teams will start contacting other teams to find out interest in their own picks and also what other teams are looking for to trade for picks.  Combine that with your big board and you have a much greater understanding of the value draft choices and available prospects.  It is a fluid situation of course but the last thing you want is to get screwed because you did not do your homework.  I think this might have been part of RM's issues with trading and the draft.

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

From what I have heard most teams will start contacting other teams to find out interest in their own picks and also what other teams are looking for to trade for picks.  Combine that with your big board and you have a much greater understanding of the value draft choices and available prospects.  It is a fluid situation of course but the last thing you want is to get screwed because you did not do your homework.  I think this might have been part of RM's issues with trading and the draft.

Not sure how this relates. Are you just saying that teams call around to gauge interest?

I agree with that.

We were talking about information getting out so that fans know who is interested and not interested in players. In that respect I was saying it's entirely possible that we could be interested in somebody, whether it;s a position of need or not, and it not leak to the media and in turn fans.

59 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Not sure how this relates. Are you just saying that teams call around to gauge interest?

I agree with that.

We were talking about information getting out so that fans know who is interested and not interested in players. In that respect I was saying it's entirely possible that we could be interested in somebody, whether it;s a position of need or not, and it not leak to the media and in turn fans.

I agree. We don't hear everything and not everything we hear is true.

Gotta take everything with a grain of salt.

22 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Jacobs hasn't played a single down in the NFL, so lets not count the chickens before they hatch. Reggie Bush was the greatest thing in football since it was first conceived and we saw how that turned out. And we've seen it from many a running back.

10,000 all purpose yards, a superbowl and 50 tds isn't a bad career, I don't get why people hate on Reggie Bush. Sure he didn't turn into Barry Sanders, but he outperformed Darren McFadden.

20 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I agree with that.

Sorry I misread the conversation.  It applies a little since teams will leak rumors about teams inquiring in their picks when it benefits them but most of the time nothing is said.  Only time anything is leaked is when it benefits someone.  Plenty of times we have heard a year or two down the road that we were interested in players that we had no clue about.

On 3/29/2019 at 6:46 PM, Rich7sena said:

You're comparing a back that averaged 500 yards per season in college with 4.7 speed to the best RB prospect in the last decade? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

You're comparing a back that averaged 500 yards per season in college with 4.7 speed to the best RB prospect in the last decade? 

No, I’m comparing my confidence in their abilities to become top backs. My post was pretty clear.