2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Darnell Henderson could be a nice change of pace back later in the draft. If we can get back our 3rd round pick in a trade back, he'd be good value there. He's smallish but is very elusive and would provide a different look than Crowell. 

We have that in Richard!

16 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Gruden has said himself the door is open.. idk dude, think I'll take Grudens word over yours.... I think Raiders doing Lynch a solid... they are open to drafting a RB on day 1 or 2 if there is value .... if we don't land a RB we like then Lynch gets the call.. makes sense to respect Lynch... Gruden loves vets, and Lynch still has the juice.... Crowell and Lynch would keep each other fresh

Did he say that before or after we signed Crowell. I took Gruden's word when he said he wasn't trading Mack or Cooper his word is no good!

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

We have that in Richard!

Yup was just doing some RB vid watching and he is almost a clone of our midgets.

If we draft someone I think they should offer something we don't have already. Washington is being wasted as it is through no fault of his own. Just not enough snaps.

Edited by NightTrainLane

9 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

Yup was just doing some RB vid watching and he is almost a clone of our midgets.

If we draft someone I think they should offer something we don't have already. Washington is being wasted as it is through no fault of his own. Just not enough snaps.

It should be someone they think can do it all!

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

It should be someone they think can do it all!

I don't like the class this year if those are the parameters. Next year is much more promising. 

I like Miles Sanders and Montgomery. I have issues with Jacobs and Harris' lack of explosion, shiftiness and speed. Just not much in that category after that.

Next year may be a bumper crop depending on who declares between J.K. Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor, Travis Etienne, Cam Akers, Kylin Hill and Lamical Perine. Plus there are a ton of bigger backs that could make noise.

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

The draft pool for our current picks is $13.6m. That's not an estimate. It can be calculated because drafted players salaries are set by positions. Bonues can change a bit but the cap hits are pretty set.

I think the only guy worth cutting at this point is Roberts and that is only if we NEED the money to make a move to improve the DE/Edge position. At this point we don't as we have a pretty full roster (72 players signed) besides DEs haha with 15+mil in cap space not counting the 8 rookies. Camp limit is 90 and with the draft picks we are 10 off that. Those spots should be filled but UDFAs.

we have 72? figure we have 8 rookies so 80... prolly sign 10-15 udfas....   

also would just cut Washington...720K  adds up... would rather see Warren and Butler get snaps with better units.. Washington had his shot and didn't grab the brass ring, plus Reggie guys gotta go

16 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I don't like the class this year if those are the parameters. Next year is much more promising. 

I like Miles Sanders and Montgomery. I have issues with Jacobs and Harris' lack of explosion, shiftiness and speed. Just not much in that category after that.

Next year may be a bumper crop depending on who declares between J.K. Dobbins, Jonathan Taylor, Travis Etienne, Cam Akers, Kylin Hill and Lamical Perine. Plus there are a ton of bigger backs that could make noise.

I like Alex Barnes from K state he's got starter potential!

37 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

As a fan of Montgomery and Jacobs, I don't know how you would like the former but not the latter. Jacobs is appreciably more explosive than Montgomery and has similar contact balance and one-step quickness. I also wouldn't lump Harris and Jacobs together as they're noticeably different runners. 

I'm not really a fan of Myles Sanders. He reminds me of a poorer man's version of Joe Mixon. He has nice quickness, but I'm not seeing the explosion out of his cuts to make him a special player. 

22 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Jacob is definitely a better back than Carson, Peterson, Connor. I'd rank him above Gordon, Hunt, Mixon, Henry, and Chubb based on what he's shown in college and what I know about those players. I think he's on par with McCaffrey and Kamara (and Cook, who you did not list).

And I don't think Henry, Chubb, Carson, Peterson, Connor should be in the conversation when it comes to top backs in the league. Mixon is borderline.

Jacobs hasn't played a single down in the NFL, so lets not count the chickens before they hatch. Reggie Bush was the greatest thing in football since it was first conceived and we saw how that turned out. And we've seen it from many a running back. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Jacobs hasn't played a single down in the NFL, so lets not count the chickens before they hatch. Reggie Bush was the greatest thing in football since it was first conceived and we saw how that turned out. And we've seen it from many a running back. 

This is Football's Future. This site is all about making inferences on how college players will perform in the NFL. I'm confident Jacobs will be among the top backs when he enters the league just like most people were with Saquon.

Of course, I could be wrong, but that doesn't mean I can't make the inference.

• Like 2