2019 Free Agency V2

SBXISBXVSBXVIII

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lynch is not getting signed. We already have our vet. We will be drafting a RB. Could be the 1st Round, could be the 6th, but we will be drafting one. 

Darnell Henderson could be a nice change of pace back later in the draft. If we can get back our 3rd round pick in a trade back, he'd be good value there. He's smallish but is very elusive and would provide a different look than Crowell. 

Just now, Rich7sena said:

Jacob is definitely a better back than Carson, Peterson, Connor. I'd rank him above Gordon, Hunt, Mixon, Henry, and Chubb based on what he's shown in college and what I know about those players. I think he's on par with McCaffrey and Kamara (and Cook, who you did not list).

And I don't think Henry, Chubb, Carson, Peterson, Connor should be in the conversation when it comes to top backs in the league. Mixon is borderline.

Doesn't that make... no sense though? I get what you mean I think, but you can't say 8-10 guys should be top backs. There should be like 1-3. Maybe I'm splitting hairs.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Darnell Henderson could be a nice change of pace back later in the draft. If we can get back our 3rd round pick in a trade back, he'd be good value there. He's smallish but is very elusive and would provide a different look than Crowell. 

I mocked him to use in the 4th :)

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Lynch is not getting signed. We already have our vet. We will be drafting a RB. Could be the 1st Round, could be the 6th, but we will be drafting one. 

Gruden has said himself the door is open.. idk dude, think I'll take Grudens word over yours.... I think Raiders doing Lynch a solid... they are open to drafting a RB on day 1 or 2 if there is value .... if we don't land a RB we like then Lynch gets the call.. makes sense to respect Lynch... Gruden loves vets, and Lynch still has the juice.... Crowell and Lynch would keep each other fresh

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Damn

Exactly, that is a deal we should have been all over. Very reasonable compensation and a pretty friendly cap # too. At least we signed another very average RB though :|

Trotting out a couple rookies at DE and some pre-season cuts could be rough next year, hopefully long term we have a plan.

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Exactly, that is a deal we should have been all over. Very reasonable compensation and a pretty friendly cap # too. At least we signed another very average RB though :|

Trotting out a couple rookies at DE and some pre-season cuts could be rough next year, hopefully long term we have a plan.

Starting to think they are expecting a jump in production from the 3 rookies on that line. And then adding through the draft.

It's concerning none the less. If Bosa somehow made it to 4, that would quell all problems. 

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Starting to think they are expecting a jump in production from the 3 rookies on that line. And then adding through the draft.

It's concerning none the less. If Bosa somehow made it to 4, that would quell all problems. 

Yes, it does look like that and while all 3 should get better it's a bit like putting all the eggs in one basket. I really feel like we could do with a vet leader in the DE room (Chris Long?) especially if we've got a couple rookies and Key in there who is pretty raw aswell. Bosa seems more likely to get to #4 than at any time earlier in the draft process and for sure that would be best case scenario, would absolutely love to have him sat there at 4 :D

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I still can’t see Bosa being there at 4. But you are right of all available options he’s the best. I can’t see anyone else making as big an impact for the Raiders. 

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Still talent out there:

• Ndamukong SuhDT
  • Ziggy AnsahDE
  • Tre BostonS
  • Eric BerryS
  • Jay AjayiRB
  • T.J. YeldonRB
  • Spencer WareRB
  • Muhammad WilkersonDE
  • Morris ClaiborneCB
  • Chris HoganWR
  • Quinton SpainG
  • Jamie CollinsOLB
  • Michael CrabtreeWR
  • Jaheel AddaeS
  • Austin Seferian-JenkinsTE

Wilkerson could be a good stop gap DE for us. Not the player he was but still a huge upgrade over anything we have. 

Nice! He was always solid as a receiving TE in Seattle before the Jimmy Graham trade. Personally, I'd love to see more 2TE sets. Willson/Waller/Carrier/Butler/Smith will make for good competition even if we don't get one in the draft. We don't need the position as a crutch anymore since we have a decent crew of WRs now.

Also you mean OWEN Wilson @Humble_Beast

So how much cap space do the raiders currently  have ? Sportstrac says 29M, we signed Crowell at 2.5M and Marshall at 4.2M so let’s take off 7M and we are down to 22M... someone said the draft class is 22m which is way too much more like 12M.... so we have about 10M in cap space 

could easily release: 

S Roberts 4.5 M

Depaulo 900 K 

Carrier 1.7M 

Wilber 1.5 M

K Smith 1.5 M 

That’s over a 9M price of a good starter 

17 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

So how much cap space do the raiders currently  have ? Sportstrac says 29M, we signed Crowell at 2.5M and Marshall at 4.2M so let’s take off 7M and we are down to 22M... someone said the draft class is 22m which is way too much more like 12M.... so we have about 10M in cap space 

could easily release: 

S Roberts 4.5 M

Depaulo 900 K 

Carrier 1.7M 

Wilber 1.5 M

K Smith 1.5 M 

That’s over a 9M price of a good starter 

The draft pool for our current picks is $13.6m. That's not an estimate. It can be calculated because drafted players salaries are set by positions. Bonues can change a bit but the cap hits are pretty set.

I think the only guy worth cutting at this point is Roberts and that is only if we NEED the money to make a move to improve the DE/Edge position. At this point we don't as we have a pretty full roster (72 players signed) besides DEs haha with 15+mil in cap space not counting the 8 rookies. Camp limit is 90 and with the draft picks we are 10 off that. Those spots should be filled but UDFAs.