Raiders closing on deal with Le'Veon Bell

49erurtaza

Call me crazy (and yes, me putting any stock in something that Peaches LaCanfora is reporting with regards to the Ravens is straight up crazy), but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the "team interests" in Bell being leaked to the media are coming from Rosenhaus and, you know, not actually legit.  Certainly wouldn't put it past Drew.

Just now, Big Snack said:

but the steelers were the a-holes for offering 14 per.  I hope he breaks the bank to help with the comp pick for next year but i have a feeling he gets less than we offered him.

Yeah because they offered very little guaranteed money and had several ways out of the contract after a year or two.

Bell wants guaranteed money and he's gonna get it.

but the steelers were the a-holes for offering 14 per.  I hope he breaks the bank to help with the comp pick for next year but i have a feeling he gets less than we offered him.

It’s about guaranteed money... Steelers are famous for offering the least amount of guaranteed money of any organization. It’s not a place for superstars. 

IIRC he would have made 28 mil 1st 2 seasons not horrible for guaranteed money

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/7/18/17585956/leveon-bell-contract-steelers-offer-guaranteed-money-free-agency

and

"rolling guaranteed structure" is the key point here, and the fully guaranteed money was just $10M. $14.5M guaranteed to play on the Tag, or $10M guaranteed to play on a different contract? No brainer IYAM.

Archived