Redskins sign OT Erick Flowers (1 year, $4M)

RaidersAreOne

People ask why, the answer is simple: Former first round pick.

In a league dominated by nepotism, is it really surprising that former 1st round busts keep getting chance after chance? Each team thinks they'll be the ones to benefit from whatever it was that made that player a first round prospect.

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Wow, I didn't even know they made gifs from Meatballs. That's awesome

Every so often, I pull the entire speech as a video to truly explain the depths of failure for a decision.

Kind of like now:

The speech stands the test of time.

The outfits ... not so much.

13 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Oh boy. This was brought up dozens of times by dozens of Giants fans as a way to potentially 'fix' Flowers. It will not work. Ignore the fact that Flowers struggled with the transition from left to right tackle with a full offseason to work, the guy has ZERO punch. Find me a guard, not a successful guard but any guard, who has zero punch. 

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

Oh boy. This was brought up dozens of times by dozens of Giants fans as a way to potentially 'fix' Flowers. It will not work. Ignore the fact that Flowers struggled with the transition from left to right tackle with a full offseason to work, the guy has ZERO punch. Find me a guard, not a successful guard but any guard, who has zero punch. 

If anyone can resurrect his career, it's Bill Callahan, but I'm not holding my breath on it.  At this point, Flowers is who he is, and from film I've seen, you are correct.  Also has real bad footwork that hasn't improved at all. 

I don't see the downside, I was thinking the same about him for the pats.  As long as the SB was something like 500,,000 or so and with playing time incentives.  You get him with your OL coach either Callahan or Scar for 3 months to see how he adapts, he don't you cut him at the end of camp.    

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If anyone can resurrect his career, it's Bill Callahan, but I'm not holding my breath on it.  At this point, Flowers is who he is, and from film I've seen, you are correct.  Also has real bad footwork that hasn't improved at all. 

He's had 3 different OL coaches and hasn't improved under a single one. He is beyond saving.

Footwork is the least of his problems. He has never fixed his tendencies of ducking his head, sticking his arms out, and grabbing in pass protection. He has no desire to get better. He is surviving solely off his top-10 draft status.

30 minutes ago, patman said:

I don't see the downside, I was thinking the same about him for the pats.  As long as the SB was something like 500,,000 or so and with playing time incentives.  You get him with your OL coach either Callahan or Scar for 3 months to see how he adapts, he don't you cut him at the end of camp.    

Scarnecchia is a literal miracle maker and one of the few actually good OL coaches in the league. I don't think even he could save Flowers.

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Hey now! Check on THIS improved footwork from Ereck Flowers!!

Every statue you’ll ever meet in D&D (Ray Harryhausen animation from Jason and the Argonauts, 1963)

Image result for Talos Jason and the Argonauts gif

5 hours ago, Giants4eva said:

If he makes it thru 6 games into the season as even a bench player, he will have resurrected his career

Pretty sure he did that for the Jags last season, and as a starter. He wasn't that bad, but then again perhaps that just illustrates how depleted that Jaguars OL was last season 

Archived