Rams & Clay Matthews agree to 2 year deal

RamRod

27 minutes ago, Car_Ramrod said:

I wonder if he’s going to play middle or opposite of Fowler.

Good question. Honestly wasn’t even thinking of him plying inside until I read that. I bet they move him around, along with Ebukam, who’ll probably see a dip in his snap count. 

This is positive for Okoronkwo's development and for us being in a position where we don't have the flexibility outside of using future picks to make the move necessary to get an EDGE-of-the-future if one comes within striking distance in the 1st round.

At this point, I'd wager that barring Devin Bush falling in the 1st, all linebackers are likely Day 2 or later additions for us (which I'm not totally sad about since the depth of this LB class really isn't great).

DL, IOL, or CB (depending on the value that falls) are likely what's in play at #31 if we don't trade back.  TE may actually be a possibility too if one of Fant or Hoeckenson fall, but I feel like buying on them at #31 is doing so expecting them to be Kittle... and neither of them is Kittle.

2 hours ago, chris00cm said:

Only gripe is the loss of a future 4th.

Don't know that he'd cancel out a 4th more likely he cancels Suh's deal that he'll get because it'll likely be the same range as Clay. Or it could cancel out a 3rd 4th rounder. Betting we get a 4th for each Saffold and Joyner. Suh would net a 5th likely and a outside chance of a 7th again. Still not a bad haul. 

Not on board with this one, but I want to see the base vs incentives. Guy is washed and not worth what the early figures suggest. He is a walking 15yard penalty and can't wrap his head around wrapping up QB's instead of piledriving them to the ground. He may be good for 4-7 sacks, but thats underperforming based on what the contract suggests. Would of rathered investing 2 years $20 on Justin Houston if he would of accepted it. Mehhh always one or two signings I won't agree with and was hoping since the rumor was floated that this wouldn't happen. 

10 hours ago, chris00cm said:

Only gripe is the loss of a future 4th.

We still dont know what the actual terms of this deal are. The "up to $$$" is just agent speak. It could be heavily incentive laden, and then his Comp Number would be lowered significantly. So we have no idea what he might or might not cancel out. Plus that also heavily depends on what Suh gets

like I said "worth up to $$$" is jut agent speak. Im sure its not dirt cheap like Bortles, but I would expect this to be a much lower factor in the compensatory formula than originally reported. Unless he hits all of the incentives, and then it would be worth it.

Archived