2019 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Thelonebillsfan

1 hour ago, Leader said:

It's not that complicated. With the returning players, the roster was always gonna get slimmed down. Frazier's a corner OF,  the teams  regular corner OFs are returning and they're gonna eat up the ABs. Frazier's moved a few hours down the road where he can keep getting regular work.

He's a natural replacement for Gardner - except for the defensive liabilities at this point.

Lastly, you've got the chance to get the AL HR leader who's #3 in RBI's - stick him in a lineup where he'll be protected and fill in / share first base duties with Voit - on the cheap. Unless the team turn's in to a strikeout machine, I dont see any downside.

I’m sorry but you don’t send down someone who has been performing at the plate the way that he has. Find space elsewhere. Tauchman, Morales, Holder all should be optioned/DFA’d before Clint. 

I get we have an embarrassment of riches, but it really is ****ty that Frazier is the odd man out. After getting Edwin i realize there’s literally no where for Clint to play, but I’m speaking before the trade. But because we traded for Edwin (and we pretty much got him for free) trade Clint ASAP and everything will be good on my end, I just don’t want to see us trade for Edwin, then let Clint rot in the minors until either someone gets hurt again or next season. That would be a really bad look IMO.

Go get me Bauer please

14 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’m sorry but you don’t send down someone who has been performing at the plate the way that he has. Find space elsewhere. Tauchman, Morales, Holder all should be optioned/DFA’d before Clint. 

I get we have an embarrassment of riches, but it really is ****ty that Frazier is the odd man out. After getting Edwin i realize there’s literally no where for Clint to play, but I’m speaking before the trade. But because we traded for Edwin (and we pretty much got him for free) trade Clint ASAP and everything will be good on my end, I just don’t want to see us trade for Edwin, then let Clint rot in the minors until either someone gets hurt again or next season. That would be a really bad look IMO.

Go get me Bauer please

Tauchman's been optioned already. Morales cant be optioned. He's a release or not. I'm not sure if Holder can be optioned (as opposed to release) but he can give us length out of the BP - which given the lack of length most of the starters are giving us, is necessary. I was thinking about Bauer last night. That would work for me as well.

Edited by Leader

7 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Everyone in the east had their chances for about 4 years. The Braves have put everyone on notice now.

and in the very next sequence they change their pitcher from Gag and dansby goes hitless for the game lol.   Dansby gonna come after you for jinxing him Devil xD

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

and in the very next sequence they change their pitcher from Gag and dansby goes hitless for the game lol.   Dansby gonna come after you for jinxing him Devil xD

Bae knows how much I love him, and how much Ive defended him for the past couple years. He'll be ok.

If anyone is to blame, its his new girl Mallory Pugh.

Another piece of the Frazier puzzle.....

NY Post: If Cameron Maybin’s Yankees days are numbered, he’s going out with a bang. The journeyman outfielder, who may be cast aside when Aaron Judge returns from the injured list, homered for the third straight game. Acquired from the Indians on April 25 for cash considerations, he has slashed .299/.375/.467 with an .842 OPS in 38 games.

The Yankees sent outfielder Mike Tauchman down to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Monday night, to make room on the roster for Giancarlo Stanton (left calf). Judge (strained left oblique) could be back by the weekend, likely meaning the end for the 32-year-old Maybin, unless the Yankees want to carry five outfielders and go with 12 pitchers instead of the 13 they usually have.

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Another piece of the Frazier puzzle.....

NY Post: If Cameron Maybin’s Yankees days are numbered, he’s going out with a bang. The journeyman outfielder, who may be cast aside when Aaron Judge returns from the injured list, homered for the third straight game. Acquired from the Indians on April 25 for cash considerations, he has slashed .299/.375/.467 with an .842 OPS in 38 games.

The Yankees sent outfielder Mike Tauchman down to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Monday night, to make room on the roster for Giancarlo Stanton (left calf). Judge (strained left oblique) could be back by the weekend, likely meaning the end for the 32-year-old Maybin, unless the Yankees want to carry five outfielders and go with 12 pitchers instead of the 13 they usually have.

Honestly, Gardner only has this year left on his deal and it isn't a lot. It's a small sample size, but Maybin is outperforming Gardner and can play all three outfield positions. In the long run, it would likely be better to either trade Gardner for nothing or just salary relief, Maybin can handle 4th OFer duties.

1 minute ago, Slateman said:

Honestly, Gardner only has this year left on his deal and it isn't a lot. It's a small sample size, but Maybin is outperforming Gardner and can play all three outfield positions. In the long run, it would likely be better to either trade Gardner for nothing or just salary relief, Maybin can handle 4th OFer duties.

While true, they aren’t going to do that to the longest tenured member and one of the leaders of the team. Maybin is an ideal 4th outfielder, and i don’t want him to go either.

Hopefully Cashman can flip some of these pieces so they don’t go to waste.

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

While true, they aren’t going to do that to the longest tenured member and one of the leaders of the team. Maybin is an ideal 4th outfielder, and i don’t want him to go either. Hopefully Cashman can flip some of these pieces so they don’t go to waste.

Is Morales still on the roster? If so....why?

Mets called a team meeting today and the line-up card contains literally no bench or relief pitching for tonights game. Major restructuring is coming. Everything I've heard screams "fire sale".

Jeff is calling the shots and managing the team, which is basically my version of Baseball hell.