Gronk Retires

goldfishwars

2 hours ago, Tyty said:

When he was healthy he was fun to watch. Kinda bummed he’s hanging it up at 29

I don't blame him, tho.  There isn't much left for him to do with multiple rings plus he has been beat up some the last few years.  Why not go out on top before your body breaks down completely and you're a cripple by the time you are 60?

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Fun player to watch, a freak of nature out there. Doubtful we'll see anyone dominate a position like that - for a while, Gronk was the undisputed best at his position with nobody really around to challenge him. 

So does Belly look at one of the Iowa TEs in the draft?

Maybe but there is a decent chance both will be long gone by #32.  Perhaps they'll consider that Smith kid from Alabama or the other one from Stanford?

28 minutes ago, showtime said:

There's no way this is accurate.  He doesn't have my TD's than Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez... Like it's not even close.  Both of those guys have over 100.  Didn't even read the rest of the stats you listed.

You're right, he's third. My bad.

Definite hall of famer. Guy was an absolute beast when healthy

With that being said, the Patriots will draft some no name TE in round 3 that’ll pretty much replicate his production because that’s just what they do lol

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Both probably shouldn't even be in. Well, probably Terrell but definitely not Gale. Even still, they're RBs so a shorter career is expected. TEs typically have a long career.

Not a surprising take from you...

😴

26 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

???

who are you again? I honestly dont remember someone of your name to know why you would say this

Well I have 14,000 posts and been here since 2007 so surely that’s long enough to see a few of your bad takes 😃

Athletic freak an outstanding TE that is HOF bound but definitely not the GOAT at his position. I know he is great and have watched him his whole career just seems like not that long ago when he was drafted. Different era’s at the same position might have a different answer  for GOAT. He is popular in the sport and the media no doubt he gets in the HOF. No one is questioning if he was great and I tip my hat to anybody who knows when it’s time it’s time. 

Hope him and his family will do great things and he can enjoy his retirement. There is no reason to keep doing the grind if he is going to end up in a wheelchair or have permanent health problems. Enjoy life and your family it is the best things in this world. He got everything you can achieve in football. When you know your body can’t take it anymore and do the right thing I applaud Gronkowski for doing what is right for him and his family.

Archived