NFL News & General Info Thread

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Jags released Hurns. 

Wonder how much money he's looking for. Wouldn't mind him opposite Alshon. 

If he's willing to take under 4 Million per year. He's just a very average receiver, doesn't excel at much of anything.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

If he's willing to take under 4 Million per year. He's just a very average receiver, doesn't excel at much of anything.

When you have Blake Bortles throwing to you and you come out of that "average" that just screams upside to me.

lol and I love Pierre Garcon. But he's not Garcon. Has much more size and ability. 

But yea, I really want the guy opposite Alshon to be a burner. I guess Hurns doesn't exactly fit that bill although he averaged 16 per catch the one year. I'm just not fully trusting of Mack Hollins yet. Like the kid but if we have intentions on extending this run I think you need as close as you can get to a dynamo there. Hurns may be the closest we can get at this point. 

I don't know that Hurns has a skill set that our WR corps is missing or necessarily needs. I think the void (that might be generous) that was created when Torrey Smith left was a burner that could vertically stretch a defense. I suppose teams had to respect his speed. I don't think a receiver like Hurns would do that (unless I'm incorrectly remembering Hurns). 

11 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Hi everyone, was wondering what y'all thought of your ex cornerback Jaylen Watkins. My team is interested in signing him. 

He played Safety for us last season. He's a below average backup safety, but I suppose he was never really "OMFG WHAT ARE YOU DOING".

He just... existed I suppose. 

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

He played Safety for us last season. He's a below average backup safety, but I suppose he was never really "OMFG WHAT ARE YOU DOING".

He just... existed I suppose. 

Thank you. We're looking for a back up role at Cb and that's what the beat writers are thinking he'll sign as. 

Archived