Browns Cut CB Joe Haden

Jroc04

26 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

He wouldn't but it offsets whatever he signs for.

Example: if he signs for $6 mil, $4mil is covered by Cleveland and we would pay the remaining $2 mil

I don't think it works that way. If he makes more than $4M then the Browns are off the hook. If he makes less, the Browns make up the difference. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I don't think it works that way. If he makes more than $4M then the Browns are off the hook. If he makes less, the Browns make up the difference. 

Rapoport's tweet is extremely vague and not clear.  I took it as he's guaranteed $4MM either way by the Browns.  He's assuming no team is going to offer him more than $4MM per.  If some team offered him $6MM, I think it just means he's essentially getting paid $10MM this year. $6MM by whoever signs him and $4MM by the Browns.  It seems to me he's insinuating that Haden will be content making $4MM + min salary instead of taking this as an opportunity to get double paid.  

Depends on the guaranteed money. That's all that matters. We had the cap room to get him in. After that, it would have just been clever maneuvering of the money. Curious to see. 

Apprently, he turned down better offers but chose Pittsburgh, so maybe it didn't matter anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Depends on the guaranteed money. That's all that matters. We had the cap room to get him in. After that, it would have just been clever maneuvering of the money. Curious to see. 

Apprently, he turned down better offers but chose Pittsburgh, so maybe it didn't matter anyway. 

Seven million guaranteed this year, don't know if anything else is guaranteed. Way too much, glad we didn't do it

Archived