cut jaelen strong

mistakey

15 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why take the one prescription if your body knows with things?  Why even go to the MD?

I avoid MDs like the plague.

Go for an annual physical and periodic colonoscopies (Dad died of colon cancer).

The one prescription is for slightly high blood pressure that I think is mostly attributable to work and family stress and a diet that more resembles that of a 19 year old (youngest man child's age tomorrow) than what it should be for an almost 67.

Mother had high blood pressure so I am hedging my bet.

The alternatives, I am told by the MD, are stroke or heart attack.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

Yes, life before vaccines was great. Living to the great old age of 30 was amazing.

That stat has it's roots in men being the ones that had to fight saber-toothed tigers, getting killed in wars, primitive factory jobs that broke them down and bad oral hygiene.

Heavy drinking to drown sorrows probably didn't help much either.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

That stat has it's roots in men being the ones that had to fight saber-toothed tigers, getting killed in wars, primitive factory jobs that broke them down and bad oral hygiene.

Heavy drinking to drown sorrows probably didn't help much either.

Lots of diseases have been eradicated thanks to vaccines....

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

The human body is a factory that manufactures antibodies.

True

It's ability to do that is hampered by pharmaceuticals.

Not all medications have a negative impact on the body's own defenses. I agree with premis thay it is better to be healthy and lead a healthy life style than it is to rely on the dr. heck some medications job is to shut down the immune system to stop attacking the body. The immune system is great and even when everything is set to a tee it isnt perfect.

Likewise, the effectiveness of vaccines that put your body factory to work are limited and limit the body's response to the strains that they are designed to combat.

Two shots of the mmr vaccine and you have a 97% immunity to measles, in this instance it is better than just being healthy. 

Add in psychosomatics and pharmaceuticals and vaccines could well be round pegs in square holes or worse yet "average" solutions.

Averages by definition are wrong with respect to specific values compressed in the process.

Best to let your body do its work, imho, and otherwise take good care of yourself.

If any of you don't like that so be it.

Doesn't phase me.

Vaccines and looking after yourself are two sides of the same coin when it comes to health. Both are best practice. 

There is a preacher that I like listening to once in a while, very influential church, his wife got breast cancer, she got a mastectomy, but refused chemo and radiation, rather she went to Spain for specialized vitamin regime. This is disappointing on a few levels.

1 it is anti best practice.

2. It sets a bad exammple for literally millions of people

3.  Vitamins  are great, for your immune system, but it has a limit, just like the immune system people a trying to help.

4. She might die from cancer which would of been curable.

5. She is spending tons of money on stuff that relies on anicdoatal evidence alone and pseudoscience.

The monetization of health leads to more solutions, more misinformation, more competing ideas, and it is really complicated. Ultimately, I think looking after yourself, which you are advocating, and listening to good drs is the best way to about things.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I understand that.

The Salk vaccine is one thing, though; the flu du jour is quite another.

Not to mention (never have understood that expression since I am going to mention it) that as a conspiracy theorist I always consider the possibility that the shots are a delivery system for the federal government.

12 minutes ago, D82 said:

You must know, too, that I come from a time when drinking 8-10 ounces of Wild Turkey 101, wrapping yourself in blankets and sleeping/sweating for 14 hours seemed to cure whatever ailed you.

26 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I understand that.

The Salk vaccine is one thing, though; the flu du jour is quite another.

Not to mention (never have understood that expression since I am going to mention it) that as a conspiracy theorist I always consider the possibility that the shots are a delivery system for the federal government.

Yeah, and those chem trails.

I don't think flu shots are necessary for healthy people. They will lower your chances of getting the flu if they guessed the popular strains right but a healthy person should survive the flu and build up their own immunity. The flu shot just does that without actually having to have the symptoms. Now the mind altering stuff they put in the shots are just a gamble you have to take praise Trump. I had the flu a few years ago and had a fever (controlled with Tylenol but it stayed over 100 for 9 days) and it cost me my ability to visualize so now I have no pictures in my head unless I'm asleep and dreaming. It sucks, especially doing math in my head and maybe a flu shot would have saved me from the flu, mine was type B they said or "nursing home flu" praise the Government.  The deadly diseases, get vaccinated don't be stupid, flu shots and such do whatever it should be fine either way must kill the Queen.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, and those chem trails.

I don't think flu shots are necessary for healthy people. They will lower your chances of getting the flu if they guessed the popular strains right but a healthy person should survive the flu and build up their own immunity. The flu shot just does that without actually having to have the symptoms. Now the mind altering stuff they put in the shots are just a gamble you have to take praise Trump. I had the flu a few years ago and had a fever (controlled with Tylenol but it stayed over 100 for 9 days) and it cost me my ability to visualize so now I have no pictures in my head unless I'm asleep and dreaming. It sucks, especially doing math in my head and maybe a flu shot would have saved me from the flu, mine was type B they said or "nursing home flu" praise the Government.  The deadly diseases, get vaccinated don't be stupid, flu shots and such do whatever it should be fine either way must kill the Queen.

He Spanish flu the sick survived and the healthy died. Kids and elderly survived. 

But generally yes, dont be pregnant  or diabetic in 2010.

I was a Baker Mayfield truther, I was an OBJ truther, I'm still a Bradley Chubb truther (don't get me wrong, I love Ward, but still believe Chubb was the correct choice), but I somehow doubt I'll ever be a flat Earth or vaccine truther. Now, you wanna talk JFK, 9/11, and aliens, I'm totally game. I fully believe the CIA killed Kennedy, I half believe 9/11 was a black flag operation, and I'm very open to little green men, especially in bed;)

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

I was a Baker Mayfield truther, I was an OBJ truther, I'm still a Bradley Chubb truther (don't get me wrong, I love Ward, but still believe Chubb was the correct choice), but I somehow doubt I'll ever be a flat Earth or vaccine truther. Now, you wanna talk JFK, 9/11, and aliens, I'm totally game. I fully believe the CIA killed Kennedy, I half believe 9/11 was a black flag operation, and I'm very open to little green men, especially in bed;)

Tayne can work with this.

19 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Tayne can work with this.

My own personal Bull Durham speech. I also believe in an advanced pre-diluvian society washed away in catastrophe - called Atlantis - because Aquaman told me so, I believe in the sweet spot, bratwurst and lager, the right for my wife to spend too much money - because she told me so, the right for my dog to get a bite of any meat product I consume - because he told me so, and I believe Baker Mayfield is the sexiest MFer in the universe - because Super Bowl...Super Browns, baby!

Archived