• Cody Ford - OT/OG
    • Garrett Bradbury - IOL
    • Greg Little - OT
    • Chris Lindstrom - IOL
    • Dalton Risner - OT/OG
    • Andre Dillard - OT
    • Erik McCoy - IOL

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

There was one?  I like Risner, but not over most of the names on the list.  I'd take him over McCoy and Little, but that's probably it.  

Oh yeah, sure there was. After the senior bowl, and listening to his comments there was a fair amount of people that wanted him at #18, even questioning if he would be available 

49 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Where did the Dalton Risner fan group go?

I haven’t gone anywhere. I still love Risner. But the more exposed I’ve gotten to other linemen, he’s slipped a tiny bit down my board. He’s probably 3rd, for me, behind Jonah Williams and Garrett Bradbury. With Dillard right behind Risner. 

Although, I’d probably take Dillard over Bradbury and Risner, due to position value. 

I think Risner is going to go near the end of the first. Positional versatility, seems to have a good mental make up, performed really well during the evaluation process. Compares pretty well with Taylor Moton athletically. 

10 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I think Risner is going to go near the end of the first. Positional versatility, seems to have a good mental make up, performed really well during the evaluation process. Compares pretty well with Taylor Moton athletically. 

That's certainly fair...it's too early to take him at #18 (as far as I'm concerned), but he ain't gonna make it to #50.  He's a late 1st-early 2nd type of guy.

20 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

9 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That's certainly fair...it's too early to take him at #18 (as far as I'm concerned), but he ain't gonna make it to #50.  He's a late 1st-early 2nd type of guy.

Perfect guy to trade up for after we take Bradbury at 18! ;)

Give me Dillard and kick Reiff inside. I see a 10 year blindside protector in Dillard. A guy who is going to play above his draft slot once he gets NFL strength. I think that he's going to excel in a ZBS. While I certainly have my misgivings about the IOL, that can be addressed in the next two rounds, and Reiff should hopefully be serviceable there for a year.  Pairing him with O'Neill will give us bookends that we haven't had since the Steussie/Stringer days (albeit different molds). 

Archived