OTA Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

@LETSGOBROWNIES I'm guessing we brought in the raw but explosive player in Thomas to develop before taking over as both an upgrade and a more affordable contract option than Ogbah, in case Ogbah didn't develop in particular ways (pass rush?). 

The writing was on the wall for Ogbah when we got Vernon; Ogbah is going into a contract year and has already been a full-time starter.

tl;dr Thomas is the Corbett of the d-line, but Ogbah sure as heck ain't no (no) Kevin.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

@LETSGOBROWNIES I'm guessing we brought in the raw but explosive player in Thomas to develop before taking over as both an upgrade and a more affordable contract option than Ogbah, in case Ogbah didn't develop in particular ways (pass rush?). 

The writing was on the wall for Ogbah when we got Vernon; Ogbah is going into a contract year and has already been a full-time starter.

tl;dr Thomas is the Corbett of the d-line, but Ogbah sure as heck ain't no (no) Kevin.

I know, I’ve said for a while now it wouldn’t surprise me if he was moved as he was not someone we’d likely have signed next offseason.

Let’s just hope Thomas can play.  I’d hate to think we released Nassib and traded Ogbah for this guy if he sucks.

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Adding OBJ and Kareem destroy Dukes worth.

My understanding is that we still are using Haley's playbook, which didn't seem to have much use for Duke under Haley or Kitchens.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:05 AM, MWil23 said:

I've never seen Game of Thrones, nor will I.

Late to respond to this but just read the books - they are soooo much better than what HBO is putting out. Granted the final seasons you will have to watch since the writer decided to not actually write the final book...

12 hours ago, bruceb said:

My understanding is that we still are using Haley's playbook, which didn't seem to have much use for Duke under Haley or Kitchens.

I think the foundation of the book is Haley but I think having an offseason with with Monken they could have developed wrinkles for it. You know they will have talent like Hunt and Duke they would need to really incorporate some passing game concepts for the RBs

56 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think the foundation of the book is Haley but I think having an offseason with with Monken they could have developed wrinkles for it. You know they will have talent like Hunt and Duke they would need to really incorporate some passing game concepts for the RBs

I think it’s going to be Haley’s terminology and that’s about it.  

Instead of having the whole team learn new verbiage they are just using Haley’s to simplify things for the returning players.  The concepts are going to be Freddie and Monken’s.  

13 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Late to respond to this but just read the books - they are soooo much better than what HBO is putting out. Granted the final seasons you will have to watch since the writer decided to not actually write the final book...

Wait so he forreal gave up on it?

Archived