Duke Johnson trade imminent. *updates to come*

NudeTayne

Compensation  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What do we get for Duke?

• A slice of humble pie. We ain't gettin' jack squat other than a swap of late picks.
    • Gareon Conley after we toss in a late rounder.
    • 5th rounder.
    • 4th rounder.
    • 3rd rounder.
    • 2nd rounder. Just kidding. Hornby.
    • Another swap for a no-name player who will end up outplaying the guy we gave up.

That is the beauty of opinions.  

I am telling you we don't "NEED" a TE based on our #1 being solidified in David Njoku, annd Dermetrius Harris, Seth DeValve, and Orson Charles lined up to battle it out for the #2.  Could we use an upgrade in depth?  Absolutely.  But you can say that for  every position.   I never said we only need 1 tight end.  We have 5 currently.  And I wouldn't rule out drafting a TE at some point.  I just do not see any scenario in which Dorsey uses our top pick on a TE when we already have a good-great TE in Njoku.  

Here is where I disagree.  Yes we are in a better position than any point in the last 20 years to draft BPA, I don't think we can make "luxury" picks just yet.   We need to improve our secondary as well as LB core.  

I never said we have no room for a great TE.  I said I don't see Dorsey drafting one with our first pick.  

• Like 2

I'm curious if there have been any trade talks with the Chiefs.  Carlos Hyde is never going to replace Kareem Hunt for them.  And Duke would be(imho) much more in line with what their offense is doing.

Any thoughts on the chance we use Duke and our 2 to trade up with KC for their 1?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

I'm curious if there have been any trade talks with the Chiefs.  Carlos Hyde is never going to replace Kareem Hunt for them.  And Duke would be(imho) much more in line with what their offense is doing.

Any thoughts on the chance we use Duke and our 2 to trade up with KC for their 1?

I dont think Duke holds that much value. 

Duke and our last 5th maybe could do it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I dont think Duke holds that much value. 

Duke and our last 5th maybe could do it.

That sounds about right, but at this point that big a jump is still unlikely.

27 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

This imminent trade is taking a while 

If this trade doesn't go down, it will go down as 2nd equal with the best quality of sources we have had leaked to us. In my 12 years here, no has got anything correct apart from minds b.i.l.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

I have a source who is telling me that Adam Shefter just got off of the phone with a former NFL G.M. who told Adam that there have been talks that the Eagles front office has started following Tayne on twitter.

Thank goodness! Bosko is alive!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I have a source who is telling me that Adam Shefter just got off of the phone with a former NFL G.M. who told Adam that there have been talks that the Eagles front office has started following Tayne on twitter.

Did not know John Dorsey had a Twitter but good info there. 

• Like 2

Apparently JD disagrees with Nude. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001026992/article/browns-gm-maintains-duke-johnsons-vital-role

Or maybe @NudeTayne/John Dorsey has split personalities? 

I don’t know. But I do know that they are not going to give him away, with our running back situation behind Nick Chubb the first half of the year. 

• Like 1