Preseason Week 4 Browns - Bears (Oh yeah, Buckeyes are on too)

Bucketheadsdad

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

Because we beat the dogsnot out of Connor Shaw.

My big takeaway from the game:

Hogan > Kessler confirmed, and it's not even close.

Velocity, mechanics, escapability, accuracy, ball placement, size, manipulation of the secondary all favor Hogan. He's our #2.

You could be right, but That's a lot to draw from play against players that won't be in the nfl next week.

I'd grant that velocity, escapability, and size are in Hogan's favor, but accuracy and ball placement is more of a toss up as Cody throws a great back shoulder and throws with more anticipation than Hogan.

Kevin needs to see it clearly to throw it and didn't throw with a lot of anticipation today but threw to guys once they had already come open. Cody tried to throw with anticipation which is what he has to do because his arm isn't strong; but the timing was off and led to some misses.

Manipulation of the secondary....I don't think that can be assessed in the 4th preseason game as it's more backyard get open and I'll throw it to you ball. I didn't see either of them really look anyone off and Hogan didn't really go through progressions. Cody did go through progressions but didn't throw the ball when he made it to his 3rd tonight due to lack of time or poor indecision.

Hogan has the QB1 upside...and because of this maybe you make him QB2, but I'd trust Cody more if I was Hue given that Cody gets to this third read more often than Kevin (now of course I haven't seen the all22 yet and don't know what was called or was open on certain sides of the field) but a lot of Kevin's completions were to wide open guys (Cody as well) those players won't be wide open in the season.

It's a toss up to me for QB2 in terms of who can help us win a game; however, I'd give Hogan the nod due to his QB1 upside.

well I have not watched the game yet, have to wait for the NFL network, but I watched the highlights on NFL.com.  If those are any indication, we learned very little on offense because.... wow... the Bears scrubs suck!  Those guys had tons of separation, its like they were playing a JV secondary or something.  I look forward to watching the game on Saturday.

7 hours ago, Mind Character said:

It's a toss up to me for QB2 in terms of who can help us win a game; however, I'd give Hogan the nod due to his QB1 upside.

Friendly reminder anyone still in the "Kessler gives us the best chance to win" crowd:

0-8 

RE Hogan:  My takeaway from this game only confirmed what I saw in the other 3 games, as well as read about camp. 

I am not going to be shocked when Kizer and Hogan are the only QBs on the roster tomorrow.

Just now, ditchdigger said:

I think you meant NudeTayne (I haven't figured out how to @ someone yet).

Lol @NudeTayne got on the bandwagon early, no doubt, but I remember Mind rocking his name in his signature super early in the draft process.

I'm still not entirely certain if Nude like Nacua or just likes busting Mind's balls.

I'm not sure I'll ever really know.

Maybe both?

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol @NudeTayne got on the bandwagon early, no doubt, but I remember Mind rocking his name in his signature super early in the draft process.

I'm still not entirely certain if Nude like Nacua or just likes busting Mind's balls.

I'm not sure I'll ever really know.

Maybe both?

Good memory. 

I don't think we will ever know about Tayne, which is at least 12% of his appeal.

5 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Friendly reminder anyone still in the "Kessler gives us the best chance to win" crowd:

0-8 

RE Hogan:  My takeaway from this game only confirmed what I saw in the other 3 games, as well as read about camp. 

I am not going to be shocked when Kizer and Hogan are the only QBs on the roster tomorrow.

If you think Kessler is the reason we lost all those games we must have been watching different games.

Kessler isn't a guy who will win you many games, no doubt, but he didn't lose many last year either.

That honor goes to the OL and defense IMO.

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If you think Kessler is the reason we lost all those games we must have been watching different games.

Kessler isn't a guy who will win you many games, no doubt, but he didn't lose many last year either.

That honor goes to the OL and defense IMO.

Not assigning blame here.

Just pointing out the irony of the juxtaposition of "best chance to win" and "0-8 as a starter".

Archived