Preseason Week 4 Browns - Bears (Oh yeah, Buckeyes are on too)

Bucketheadsdad

31 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Not assigning blame here.

Just pointing out the irony of the juxtaposition of "best chance to win" and "0-8 as a starter".

Jets are starting a QB who is 2-20 in his last 22 starts as their best chance to win. (1-10 with the Browns).

We were very competitive in 6 of 8 of Kesslers starts IIRC. That offensive line was terrible, Coleman was injured in the majority of his starts I believe, and our defense was our defense last year.

Hopefully Kizer gives us the best chance to win because he is starting and he definitely has much better tools to get it done. Kessler is more of a just along for the ride QB who should take care of the ball and convert 3rd and 4s. Not ideal but not garbage (at least talking about real games, his practice may be terrible)

44 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Jets are starting a QB who is 2-20 in his last 22 starts as their best chance to win. (1-10 with the Browns).

We were very competitive in 6 of 8 of Kesslers starts IIRC. That offensive line was terrible, Coleman was injured in the majority of his starts I believe, and our defense was our defense last year.

Hopefully Kizer gives us the best chance to win because he is starting and he definitely has much better tools to get it done. Kessler is more of a just along for the ride QB who should take care of the ball and convert 3rd and 4s. Not ideal but not garbage (at least talking about real games, his practice may be terrible)

Agreed.

Last year most of the time he looked like a guy with a neutral impact, didn't win you games, didn't lose them.

That guy has a spot in this league as a backup.

I've been disappointed that he did "take" the job, but I'm not going to let some preseason reps skew what I saw over 8 actual games last season.

Not yet anyway.

Keep him and Hogan, idgaf who the backup is. Trade Osweiler for a ham sammich if you can get it.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol @NudeTayne got on the bandwagon early, no doubt, but I remember Mind rocking his name in his signature super early in the draft process.

I'm still not entirely certain if Nude like Nacua or just likes busting Mind's balls.

I'm not sure I'll ever really know.

Maybe both?

Mind likes to bust his own balls--high intellect/prone-to-bouts-of-neurosis type, eh @Mind Character:D

5 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Memory. 

I don't think we will ever know about Tayne, which is at least 11% of his appeal.

The other 86% is appeals to emotion/ad hominem attacks.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Mind likes to bust his own balls--high intellect/prone-to-bouts-of-neurosis type, eh @Mind Character:D

The other 86% is appeals to emotion/ad hominem attacks.

Me: Hi, my name is Mind Character....

Crowd: Welcome, Mind Character!

Me: .....And I'm here to admit I'm an addict and a self ball-buster...

giphy.gif

I've been shouting from the the rooftops for a little while now.  Glad the message finally got down to New Zealand.  Might have had trouble crossing the International Date Line.

Hogan gonna keep Kessler (who has no trade value BTW) inactive all year.  

I prefer this Hogan, though.

3652563-920443.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

goes to show we all like our Hogans different ways. 

Some big and beefy others, scrawny and witty. 

I am more of a fan of the post-Hogan's Heroes Bob Crane than I am of his character, tbh.  google him.  It's not fit for discussion on this website.

Archived