Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread 4.20

Shanedorf

16 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Rodgers was not among the top 10 cap hits at QB until 2014, and It seems fair to say there were plenty of factors having nothing to do with the salary cap that led to GB losing that fiasco of a 2014 NFCC vs SEA.

Aaron Rodgers sucked in The Great Sorrow.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You give me a fantasy draft of the playoffs QBs this year and I'm taking Wilson at 1 and Rodgers 2. Brees is the only other QB I'm strongly considering over him but Rodgers is clearly more gifted and not used to indoor football.

Why would you not consider L.Jackson?  Do you expect the BAL offense to be shut down in the playoffs?  I expect them to roll to the SB.

7 hours ago, St Vince said:

Wrong again kid I had my house built. Why don't you just leave it alone and stop taking my post as a personal attack against you. If Rodgers is your family member I sincerely apologize.

Sorry my friend, bet I'm at least 25 years older than you are.  Doesn't matter whose family member Rodgers is ... your petty, nasty attack on Rodgers is uncalled for.  If you want to trash him on football skills ... fine.  Personal stuff whether it's his or yours ... keep it to yourself.

Alright, season's over. Let's tally this all up:

Completions: 353 (9th)

Attempts: 569 (8th)

Completion Percentage: 62.0 (21st-Tied with Ryan Fitzpatrick)

Yards: 4002 (11th)

TDs: 26 (8th-Tied with 15 games of Matt Ryan, 14 games of Patrick Maholmes, 15 games of Deshaun Watson, 15 games of Kirk Cousins)

TD%: 4.6 (13th-Tied with Mason Rudolph)

INTs: 4 (1st-Tied with 11 games of Drew Brees)

INT%: 0.7 (1st)

1st downs: 189 (12th)

Yards per Attempt: 7.0 (17th-Tied with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Gardner Minshew and Ryan Fitzpatrick)

Adjusted Yards per Attempt: 7.6 (12th)  *Accounting for Interceptions

Yards per Completion: 11.3 (16th-Tied with Ryan Fitzpatrick)

Yards per Game: 250.1 (16th)

Passer Rating: 95.4 (12th)

QBR: 53.5 (18th)

Sacks: 36 (14th-Tied with Jimmy Garoppolo)

Lost Yards due to Sacks: 284 (7th)

Net Yards per Attempt: 6.15 (17th) *Accounting for Sacks

Adjusted Net Yards per Attempt: 6.71 (11th) *Accounting for Sacks and Interceptions

Sack Percentage: 6.0 (15th)

+++++

That's a slightly above average QB. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

@beekay414, you need to calm down.  I never said Hodges is better you petulant child.  Rodgers is an average QB being paid like he’s top 3.  Prescott getting paid as much as Rodgers and you take Rodgers.  Remove Aaron’s contract and you can add an elite WR, OT, TE to our offense.  Hell, if we added Nick Foles and paid him 15 million (and magically got rid of Aaron’s contract), we’d be better off offensively.  Rodgers does not suck.  Rodgers for what he’s paid sucks.  That’s the distinction I’m making and you can’t argue it.  

Blame Packer management not Rodgers.  You don't turn down those dollars .. period.  Nick Foles instead of Rodgers ... LOL.  Come on man.

4 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Blame Packer management not Rodgers.  You don't turn down those dollars .. period.  Nick Foles instead of Rodgers ... LOL.  Come on man.

Nick Foles was a mistake.  I know it sounds like backtracking, but I meant a Nick Foles type.  And not in the current scenario.  Obviously, getting rid of Rodgers now doesn’t make sense.  Then?  Before his mega contract?  It makes more sense in today’s NFL to NOT pay that money to a QB.  The Jaguars literally went this way.  They brought in a Nick Foles type and waited until they got their QB.  They just happened to get their QB way sooner than they thought they would.  

Can anybody really deny that going forward we would have been better off had we traded Rodgers before his current contract?  You’re looking at Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen plus probably two extra first round draft picks.  Instead of Aaron Rodgers.  

Then look at the Rams.  How would that team look going forward if they had traded Goff instead of re-sign him?

Falcons and Matt Ryan.

Lions and Stanford.

Has a team ever improved by signing their QB to the going rate since 2007?  

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Rookie contract quarterbacks are not overpaid.  Get us one dating a supermodel billionaire.

Correct, rookie qb's aren't overpaid ... the vast majority of them pretty much suck for 80% of their contract and then get paid big money for the last year just like Rodgers.  Then back to square one.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

They’re not even going to win their division next year.  The Raiders, Broncos and Chargers all have better outlooks.  Chiefs have virtually zero draft capital compared to those three teams and they’re going to extend Mahomes before the 5th year option most likely.  That’s next year.  The Raiders have two first round picks and all the cap space in the world.  Broncos likely found their QB.  Chargers are probably always gonna be crap, yeah.

The Chiefs right now are so similar to us in 2011 it’s not even funny.  People were saying the same thing about us.  We missed the playoffs as often as we went to the Chanpionship game.

It’s gotten predictable at this point.

Steelers with Roethlisberger, Seahawks with Wilson.  Packers with Rodgers.  Slump before a rebuild and MAYBE the rebuild works.  You cannot sustain success in this league paying your QB.  The only reason we got back is we had the losing seasons in there to boost our draft capital.  And we nailed three huge free agent signings.  

Chiefs probably win the Super Bowl this year and then have to live with paying Mahomes while the rest of their division has twice the draft capital and cap space to catch up.  

You have went off the cliff without a parachute.  Raiders, Broncos and Chargers have sucked as a team for the past number of years.  Their teams keep getting quality picks year after year ... sometime it's bound to happen their teams will get better.  You are grasping at straws now to prove your point.

3 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

You have went off the cliff without a parachute.  Raiders, Broncos and Chargers have sucked as a team for the past number of years.  Their teams keep getting quality picks year after year ... sometime it's bound to happen their teams will get better.  You are grasping at straws now to prove your point.

And yet they’re not going to suck (Chargers still will, which I admitted) next year.  Broncos found their QB.  Raiders have a Foles type with tons of draft capital and have completely turned that roster around.  

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

ZGjdYVm.gif

iIJfeEj.gif

This is totally normal and not at all broken footwork leading to normal and not at all terrible throws with only one offensive play in between them. 

That is just gross to look at.  So is your avatar.  Change it.  Didn’t you get the memo?  We’re pretty now.

Edited by Outpost31

26 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Alright, season's over. Let's tally this all up:

Completions: 353 (9th)

Attempts: 569 (8th)

Completion Percentage: 62.0 (21st-Tied with Ryan Fitzpatrick)

Yards: 4002 (11th)

TDs: 26 (8th-Tied with 15 games of Matt Ryan, 14 games of Patrick Maholmes, 15 games of Deshaun Watson, 15 games of Kirk Cousins)

TD%: 4.6 (13th-Tied with Mason Rudolph)

INTs: 4 (1st-Tied with 11 games of Drew Brees)

INT%: 0.7 (1st)

1st downs: 189 (12th)

Yards per Attempt: 7.0 (17th-Tied with Ryan Fitzpatrick, Gardner Minshew and Ryan Fitzpatrick)

Adjusted Yards per Attempt: 7.6 (12th)  *Accounting for Interceptions

Yards per Completion: 11.3 (16th-Tied with Ryan Fitzpatrick)

Yards per Game: 250.1 (16th)

Passer Rating: 95.4 (12th)

QBR: 53.5 (18th)

Sacks: 36 (14th-Tied with Jimmy Garoppolo)

Lost Yards due to Sacks: 284 (7th)

Net Yards per Attempt: 6.15 (17th) *Accounting for Sacks

Adjusted Net Yards per Attempt: 6.71 (11th) *Accounting for Sacks and Interceptions

Sack Percentage: 6.0 (15th)

+++++

That's a slightly above average QB. 

32 teams ... the stats that counts he's in top 1/3 at least of the ones that matter.  Top 1/3 in a new system with a new coach with no te's and an average at best wr tandem.  I'd say that's pretty good and well above your slightly above average .. like top 10 good.  Next year even better.   

16 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Sorry my friend, bet I'm at least 25 years older than you are.  Doesn't matter whose family member Rodgers is ... your petty, nasty attack on Rodgers is uncalled for.  If you want to trash him on football skills ... fine.  Personal stuff whether it's his or yours ... keep it to yourself.

First of all who are you to tell me what not to post on a public forum?  If I'm not breaking rules I'll say what I want rather it satisfies you or not. What I said about Rodgers is no worse than calling him an arrogant diva which he's become.

Anyone who disrespects his parents by not checking on them when a wild fire destroyed their neighborhood is open to be criticized. I used to have a lot of respect for Aaron the man before he became this big celebrity QB. 

Most of my criticism is about his performance not his personal life if you've read my posts. I made one comment about his mansion and people went nuts. Again dude just move on.

21 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Nick Foles was a mistake.  I know it sounds like backtracking, but I meant a Nick Foles type.  And not in the current scenario.  Obviously, getting rid of Rodgers now doesn’t make sense.  Then?  Before his mega contract?  It makes more sense in today’s NFL to NOT pay that money to a QB.  The Jaguars literally went this way.  They brought in a Nick Foles type and waited until they got their QB.  They just happened to get their QB way sooner than they thought they would.  

Can anybody really deny that going forward we would have been better off had we traded Rodgers before his current contract?  You’re looking at Baker Mayfield or Josh Allen plus probably two extra first round draft picks.  Instead of Aaron Rodgers.  

Then look at the Rams.  How would that team look going forward if they had traded Goff instead of re-sign him?

Falcons and Matt Ryan.

Lions and Stanford.

Has a team ever improved by signing their QB to the going rate since 2007?  

Once again you're blaming Rodgers for signing his contract ... wrong dude to blame.  

• Like 1