2019 Western Conference First Round Thread

11sanchez11

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Obviously have loved KD's time on the Dubs, but really looking forward to seeing more of these explosions next year in NY. Dude was legit dropping like 35 a game when Westbrook was hurt that one year on great efficiency. 

Yeah, loved what I saw from KD tonight. I almost want to say it was his best all around game as a warrior. 

Seemed like he had a good pulse on the game and knew when to try to get certain guys the ball and when to shoot. There was moment in the second when you could tell he made a point to get Klay the ball to get him going after Klay had missed a few shots and was being forgotten about. Next thing you know Klay knocks a few down in a row and the whole team seemed to get some energy out of it. 

I also loved what I saw from Durant in the way he was interacting with other guys, specifically the time where Livingston got a T and he was telling Shaun to stay with it or whatever. 

Seemed genuinely happy to be there, with this team, in that moment. Hopefully this continues because this was the warriors playing their best basketball

7 hours ago, indifference said:

I said DEN defense would be a problem this year. Playoffs a different animal.

Guard defense was an issue last night - Jamal Murray is getting killed on both ends - but the Nuggets clamped in the first two games. The offense has been more of the consistent issue tbh. 

27 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Guard defense was an issue last night - Jamal Murray is getting killed on both ends - but the Nuggets clamped in the first two games. The offense has been more of the consistent issue tbh. 

All that means is Murray is due for another 4th quarter explosion in game 4 to save the Nuggets season.....

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

All that means is Murray is due for another 4th quarter explosion in game 4 to save the Nuggets season.....

You have obtained the power to reverse jinx teams that your team isn't playing?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

6 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

You have obtained the power to reverse jinx teams that your team isn't playing?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lol, I mean for the sake of the Nuggets, I hope he goes off and they tie the series up. @champ11 doesn't want to hear my Kyrie>Jokic takes anymore. 

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lol, I mean for the sake of the Nuggets, I hope he goes off and they tie the series up. @champ11 doesn't want to hear my Kyrie>Jokic takes anymore. 

My team could use Kyrie Irving right now :(

I fear Jamal has been exposed. Very interested to see how he responds Saturday. Nuggets are still in a decent position to win the series if they win Saturday.

On one hand...I feel like the Spurs have outplayed the Nugs for 3 games and it would be a sweep if not for a flukey Jamal explosion. On the other hand, the Nuggets are a wide open missed mid range jumper away from being up 2-1 and have been in every game despite two starters essentially no-showing and Pop absolutely killing it coaching wise. This series has me all over the place. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

My team could use Kyrie Irving right now :(

I fear Jamal has been exposed. Very interested to see how he responds Saturday. Nuggets are still in a decent position to win the series if they win Saturday.

On one hand...I feel like the Spurs have outplayed the Nugs for 3 games and it would be a sweep if not for a flukey Jamal explosion. On the other hand, the Nuggets are a wide open missed mid range jumper away from being up 2-1 and have been in every game despite two starters essentially no-showing and Pop absolutely killing it coaching wise. This series has me all over the place. 

I hate being a broken record but that's why I told you at least 10 different times that the Nuggets fate in the playoffs will be decided by Murray and his play. He's just an inconsistent player right now that runs hot and cold. It's okay, he needed this playoff experience regardless of how it ends. Nuggets will never truly be a threat until Murray becomes consistent and really an all star caliber player. Jokic for how great he is has a limit on the type of impact he can make in the playoffs. The playoffs for the most part become all about perimeter play, especially in all these close games. Just get game 4 and we have ourselves a series once again!

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I hate being a broken record but that's why I told you at least 10 different times that the Nuggets fate in the playoffs will be decided by Murray and his play. He's just an inconsistent player right now that runs hot and cold. It's okay, he needed this playoff experience regardless of how it ends. Nuggets will never truly be a threat until Murray becomes consistent and really an all star caliber player. Jokic for how great he is has a limit on the type of impact he can make in the playoffs. The playoffs for the most part become all about perimeter play, especially in all these close games. Just get game 4 and we have ourselves a series once again!

Yeah I feel you. I really think the coaching staff + the players need to do a better job of getting creative and getting Jokic the rock. He's been pretty good (I'd say around a B+ performance throughout the series) but he hasn't been able to have the impact on the offensive end that he needs to. A lot of that is Popovich's gameplan, but yeah it just is what it is as a big sometimes.

I'm learning some things about the roster and how they should construct it moving forward - I'll get my takes off eventually. It absolutely sucks that Will Barton is essentially unplayable rn. Injury killed his season. 

Archived