2019 Western Conference First Round Thread

11sanchez11

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, you guys are stacked. And Green didn't make the All Star game this year.

I think we are better than last year but the warriors are a top 5 all time team. I’m not sure we can beat them but I think we have a bette chance than anyone else 

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think we are better than last year but the warriors are a top 5 all time team. I’m not sure we can beat them but I think we have a bette chance than anyone else 

Dubs are worse than last year.........

honestly, the rockets are terrifying right now. The fact that they have started playing legit defense right now makes them seem unbeatable.

Also, they are going to sweep Utah and the warriors at a minimum will need to play an extra game. That matters. 

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

honestly, the rockets are terrifying right now. The fact that they have started playing legit defense right now makes them seem unbeatable.

Also, they are going to sweep Utah and the warriors at a minimum will need to play an extra game. That matters. 

It's almost guaranteed that Harden plays below his standard if that Warriors series goes to 6 or 7 games.  They're in a different league than the Jazz are in.  There's no pressure here.  Next round tho...

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

nah last year;s team was easily better imo. thats why it sucked cp3 went down game 7.  last years team might go down as one of the best teams who didnt win a title in nba history.

10 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Hopefully we can get 1 in Utah and end this series in 5. I’d like to think we can sweep but Utah is a good team that’s not playing well. They will be much better at home. 

If you don't sweep for that very reason...championship caliber teams would smell blood, ready with the hammer and nail, foot on the throat. 

It's encouraging to see Harden play well, but I don't think this series is a good measuring stick for the Rockets.

Utah doesn't have the firepower to compete in this series, so they basically have to hold the Rockets to around 100 points. They're not playing good D this series either, lots of guys are getting great catch and shoot looks for Houston. I think the only player who wasn't getting "good" looks yesterday was Harden, and that was by choice and he was making them anyway.

I'm not gonna draw any conclusions for future matchups based in this series, other than hopefully Harden uses this punching bag to develop some confidence when he gets in the ring.

13 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

It's encouraging to see Harden play well, but I don't think this series is a good measuring stick for the Rockets.

Utah doesn't have the firepower to compete in this series, so they basically have to hold the Rockets to around 100 points. They're not playing good D this series either, lots of guys are getting great catch and shoot looks for Houston. I think the only player who wasn't getting "good" looks yesterday was Harden, and that was by choice and he was making them anyway.

I'm not gonna draw any conclusions for future matchups based in this series, other than hopefully Harden uses this punching bag to develop some confidence when he gets in the ring.

Well, let's see what happens but I really hope Utah wins game 3. I want this series to be somewhat competitive but Gobert really becomes useless on defense against the Rockets. Got picked on against the Warriors two years ago, wasn't all that great and on the bench last year against the Rockets in some of those 4th quarters and hasn't made much of an impact this series either. Basically, #DrayBetter. 

Harden's moment of truth comes next series against the Warriors. The Rockets have a legitimate shot to win that series and ultimately get to the finals. LIS yesterday, could be his legacy defining moment. Another series where he comes up short and then it is what it is. Dude just isn't built for this. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LIS yesterday, could be his legacy defining moment. Another series where he comes up short and then it is what it is. Dude just isn't built for this. 

imagine your legacy being "dude isn't built for this" because you can't beat the best team of all time

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

imagine your legacy being "dude isn't built for this" because you can't beat the best team of all time

No, not just about beating the "best team of all time." How about he has one great postseason top to bottom? How about for once he doesn't flail out of the playoffs? GTFO trying to defend his playoff failures and twisting it to if he can or can't beat the "best team of all time." And this "best team of all time" damn sure didn't play like it this season and haven't shown this season they deserve that title. I mean if you want to say most talented team of all time? More credence to that than the other statement. 

Archived