2019 Western Conference First Round Thread

11sanchez11

So as long as I waited for the Sixers to finally be good, for some reason I don't even like watching this team play. I liked those Andre Miller and Iguodala teams way more even if they were way worse. So I'm gonna go ahead and make a sacrifice.

[demonic voice]Basketball Gods if there's any chance the Sixers win a championship anytime soon, I am willing to trade that for the Clippers beating the Warriors in this series even if they get swept in the next round.[/demonic voice]

*kills goat*

16 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

So with no Demarcus Cousins, the warriors are just left with the core that has won back to back championships. Tragic. 

This team is done, mentally worn out. Time for the Rockets to take advantage and for Harden to finally have THAT legacy defining moment. Let's go!!!!!

32 minutes ago, Mossburg said:

So as long as I waited for the Sixers to finally be good, for some reason I don't even like watching this team play. I liked those Andre Miller and Iguodala teams way more even if they were way worse. So I'm gonna go ahead and make a sacrifice.

[demonic voice]Basketball Gods if there's any chance the Sixers win a championship anytime soon, I am willing to trade that for the Clippers beating the Warriors in this series even if they get swept in the next round.[/demonic voice]

*kills goat*

I think it has been under-discussed how anti-climatic the culmination of the process has become and how potentially horrible these win now moves this year were. They gave up strong assets for two pending FA that are a bit redundant and the team like kiiiinda fits but is missing better guard play. Ben and Joel fit, but aren't really ideal.

Talent is crazy and Jimmy at his best is a guy that can close out games in the playoffs, so I could see them making the ECF or finals, but I could also see it go sideways pretty easily. Seems pretty iffy if Jimmy stays and Tobias is fine but I'm pretty sure he's not a guy you get that excited about paying near max money.

We litigated the damn process for 3 years and this is what we got!!!!!! It's clunky but fascinating 

7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I think it has been under-discussed how anti-climatic the culmination of the process has become and how potentially horrible these win now moves this year were. They gave up strong assets for two pending FA that are a bit redundant and the team like kiiiinda fits but is missing better guard play. Ben and Joel fit, but aren't really ideal.

Talent is crazy and Jimmy at his best is a guy that can close out games in the playoffs, so I could see them making the ECF or finals, but I could also see it go sideways pretty easily. Seems pretty iffy if Jimmy stays and Tobias is fine but I'm pretty sure he's not a guy you get that excited about paying near max money.

We litigated the damn process for 3 years and this is what we got!!!!!! It's clunky but fascinating 

This team really has no excuse to be this bad defensively. And I freaking cringe anytime Simmons gets to dribble free to the elbow and the defenders just backs towards the rim and he's just looking to pass it. Or how many times he drives just to drive and leaves his feet and to find a bailout pass. I like Embiid as a player (mostly, still takes too many bad shots IMO), but dude seems too douchy, I feel like if he wasn't on my team he'd be up there with Draymond as far as players I want to see fail. I think Redick is basically the only player I like on this team...lmfao

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Boogie getting hurt is karma for joining the warriors. 

or for being a punk his whole career. 

I swear, the guy never commits a foul and always gets fouled with the way he reacts all the time. He always has the same look on his face that LeBron gets when he doesn't get every single call. Its like dude, move on, you clearly fouled the guy.

Im tired of Draymond complaining too. I love the way he plays, but there are times where the dude needs to just let it go

And this is coming from a warriors fan, albeit a casual one (Bay Area native)

I hate how this is pretty much a must win for the Nuggets tonight, as I can't imagine many higher seeds have gone down 0-2 and then went on to win the series. Although I do remember a few years ago when the 1 seed Celtics went down to the Bulls 0-2, and then proceeded to whoop them.

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I hate how this is pretty much a must win for the Nuggets tonight, as I can't imagine many higher seeds have gone down 0-2 and then went on to win the series. Although I do remember a few years ago when the 1 seed Celtics went down to the Bulls 0-2, and then proceeded to whoop them.

First must win of the season! 

Archived