2019 Western Conference First Round Thread

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, showtime said:

He won the MVP after posting the first triple double season since Oscar Robertson.  What's the problem with that?

Bro, you're talking about the past.  If ESPN made a poll right now or after this season, you think Westbrook would be ranked as a top 7 player?  They had Giannis as the 5th best player.... You think he'd be ranked that right now?  I'll give you a hint.... he wouldn't.

You sound like Colin Cowherd lol

His initial statement that Russ has been the most overrated player of the decade. So whether the perception or the opinions on him have changed very recently doesn’t negate that point. 

I’m willing to bet among a lot of fans that they still view him as top 10. He can still be viewed as overrated also due how people view his triple doubles too. Heck a poll not too long ago came out saying he is the most overrated player in the game 

6 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

tho MJ also has two

Does he? I know the shot against Cleveland, but what's the other?

The shot he made in 1998 against Utah wasn't a buzzer beater and that's the only other I can think of that was close, but I obviously could me blanking on another.

Westbrook is the people's champ. Doing it big but not getting recognized by a flawed system.

Just in case nobody is aware I've been keeping score so you don't get fooled by fake news.

20-20-20 games - Westbrook = 1 | Dame = 0

Triple doubles - Westbrook = A LOT | Dame = not a lot at all

Wardrobe - Westbrook = trend setter, courageous, fab af | Dame = I don't even know TBH, prolly wears Gap?

And for you beta losers who like team success.

Head to head wins in 2018-2019 - Thunder = 5 | Blazers = 4

Dame is the best story of the playoffs. He's special right now. I kinda feel bad for OKC, that was so cruel lol.

Huge Nugs win last night - have taken complete control of the series over the last two games. This team has really grown up...I think there was a chance that they folded at two moments: down 19 in game two and in game 4 after getting smoked in game 3. I think the squad has shown incredible resiliency and mental toughness and the coaching has been so much better than what we are used to from the George Karl era. 

Jokic has been excellent on defense all series outside of game three (everyone is wrong about his defense) and Jamal Murray has bounced back after getting killed by D White. Nuggets are playing their best ball since the beginning of the season 

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Does he? I know the shot against Cleveland, but what's the other?

The shot he made in 1998 against Utah wasn't a buzzer beater and that's the only other I can think of that was close, but I obviously could me blanking on another.

Both against Cleveland. One in '89 and one in '93. 

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Paul George is right. That was a horrible shot selection...but he needs to keep that to himself. He just sounds super salty.

Maybe next year, Playoff P.

Salty...Dame has been shooting from out there all year, all series. 

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Paul George is right. That was a horrible shot selection...but he needs to keep that to himself. He just sounds super salty.

Maybe next year, Playoff P.

Lillard is 8/12 from shots over 30 feet in the playoffs so far. 

Archived