Playstation 5

showtime

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I finally got mine through Amazon.  You basically have the chance to sign up for a chance to get randomly selected, and once you are selected, you have a 72 hour window in which to add the PS5 to your cart and purchase it.  I missed the first one, got it on the second one. 

I have never been selected.   Cancelling Prime soon.

Hopefully not coming to the US, but price increase on the PS5 coming.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/08/25/ps5-price-to-increase-in-select-markets-due-to-global-economic-environment-including-high-inflation-rates/

The new RRPs below are effective immediately unless otherwise noted.* 

• Europe
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – €549.99
    • PS5 Digital Edition – €449.99
  • UK
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – £479.99
    • PS5 Digital Edition – £389.99
  • Japan (effective Sept. 15, 2022)
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥60,478 yen (including tax)
    • PS5 Digital Edition – ¥49,478 yen (including tax)
  • China
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – ¥4,299 yuan 
    • PS5 Digital Edition – ¥3,499 yuan
  • Australia
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – AUD $799.95
    • PS5 Digital Edition – AUD $649.95
  • Mexico
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – MXN $14,999
    • PS5 Digital Edition – MXN $12,499
  • Canada
    • PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive – CAD $649.99
    • PS5 Digital Edition – CAD $519.99

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

How did you end up getting yours? They still hard to come by?

I was on the PS Store invitation list for like 4 or 5 months.    I got ONE invitation at the beginning, missed it, and never got one after that.   Since then Ive been looking everywhere, and the only place I came close was Target, but I held off because I heard the online store would say they were in stock when they werent available.

Today, I just randomly decided to check PS store, and low and behold...the Horizon Forbidden West bundle was in stock...so I immediately ordered it.

Now, Im just waiting for it to actually get to me.

Bill Murray Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 43M said:

Z1e4TWL.jpg

high five how i met your mother GIF

I saw your post about it being up…had it in the cart….was the closest I’ve been to just saying screw it and buy it. Think I’ll try like end of September/early October. Miss the panicked rush for November, but hold off a bit.

Having like 3 house repair projects hit around the same time next week. 🙃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I saw your post about it being up…had it in the cart….was the closest I’ve been to just saying screw it and buy it. Think I’ll try like end of September/early October. Miss the panicked rush for November, but hold off a bit.

Having like 3 house repair projects hit around the same time next week. 🙃

I dont even necessarily NEED it right now, but I figured Ill just get it and then I wont have to wait when I finally decide to get God of War Ragnarok.    Id really like to replay both Horizon ZD and the first God of War before I play the sequels.   Such amazing games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I dont even necessarily NEED it right now, but I figured Ill just get it and then I wont have to wait when I finally decide to get God of War Ragnarok.    Id really like to replay both Horizon ZD and the first God of War before I play the sequels.   Such amazing games.

Yeah I’d like to give the Horizon sequel a fair shot before Ragnorak. I did the opposite last time and it just couldn’t hold up to the “Game of the Gen” tier God of War was, put it down fairly quickly. It should be a game I like, think I would’ve been fine if I pushed through a couple more hours.

I want to go back and play the Spidey remaster too, along with the Miles game, before the sequel comes out next fall. I’m glad they gave him a new face, the original one I found distractingly goobery.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah I’d like to give the Horizon sequel a fair shot before Ragnorak. I did the opposite last time and it just couldn’t hold up to the “Game of the Gen” tier God of War was, put it down fairly quickly. It should be a game I like, think I would’ve been fine if I pushed through a couple more hours.

I want to go back and play the Spidey remaster too, along with the Miles game, before the sequel comes out next fall. I’m glad they gave him a new face, the original one I found distractingly goobery.

Agreed.    I want to play basically all the PS4 games I own on PS5, just to see how much different they look...especially Spiderman since I know it was remastered.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 6:45 PM, mattyice0401 said:

How did you end up getting yours? They still hard to come by?

No. PS5's are often up on Sony PS Direct several times per week. Most of the time, they stay up for a full day where you can just add to your cart. It's always the Horizon disk or digital bundle.

Right now the disk PS5 Horizon bundle is up right now and has been up for like 10 hours straight. It's $549 U.S. pricing. The console cost $500, so you're getting the game in the bundle for $49. You can just sell the code if you don't want the game. Anyone can get a PS5 anytime they want in the U.S. It's not the case in other countries, though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What are the must haves for the PS5?

Probably depends on what your tastes are and what you played already.

If you havent played PS4 Spiderman, it looks and plays amazing on PS5.

Horizon Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok are/will be follow ups to amazing games.    Ghost of Tsushima is incredible, and I played on PS4.

13 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Think the PS5 will be my next purchase. My tech lady can get the international version here in Beijing but it's about $700. Just been so many things come up to have to pay for lately. Have another $1,200 to pay for my new bicycle then I'm all about it. 

What are the must haves for the PS5?

Im not too sure If its on PS5 yet but The last of us is one