Playstation 5

showtime

On 4/10/2022 at 4:49 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Yeah. Why not. I've been saving up. I'll probably get it next month.

If they had a bundle that had the PS5 Disc version and three good games I like (for instance, Horizon Forbidden West, God of War sequel and Ghost of Tsushima), I MIGHT consider doing that.

In general, I dont really play games enough anymore to warrant doing that.  I dont desperately need one....but I am getting to the point where I would really like to have one.

Ill probably end up waiting.    With the PSVR2 coming and PS5 Pro rumored to be coming out next year, I think more will become available....at least to the point where Ill be able to get one if I put in the effort and really start focusing on drop dates.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

A tip for those in need,

Best Buy has been getting a steady stream of them, you can use the app to help you figure out if a store within driving distance has them in the back.

If you look online it’ll say sold out, so you need to go in and ask. Some people has said you might need to push a little to a manager who will tell the employees that they have to sell them if a customer asks (obviously do so in a nice way if you need to do that, they are underpaid workers just trying to do a job….don’t be ahole for a console.)

uvQuE9R.mp4

unfortunately buying a house and planning a wedding precludes me from taking advantage right now, however I’m actively thinking of ways I can hide it behind my TV haha… if they confirm God of War didn’t slip into 2023 I’ll have to do it soon.

Ps+ games for July include Crash 4. Kids and I will be pretty excited for it I think. Arcadegeddon (?) and man of Medan also included. Man of Medan wasn’t terrible but I’m still lost about it glitching and killing one of my characters despite me not making a bad choice and then not telling me he was dead til end game lol 

Didn’t catch this, but they snuck in a delay for timed exclusive Forspoken  on the heels of the God of War announcement.

No longer out this year, new date is end of January.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/07/06/ps5s-forspoken-hit-with-a-strategic-delay-to-2023/amp/

Makes sense not to launch so close together. They look somewhat similar.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, 43M said:

Had a chance to get one today at Target, but passed on it.    I have a bunch of non PS5 games I want to play, so I feel like Id barely play it for awhile.   

:/

Seems to be getting easier, but hard to pass them up.

Do you have them on PS4? Or somewhere else?

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Seems to be getting easier, but hard to pass them up.

Do you have them on PS4? Or somewhere else?

Have what?   The games?   PS4 and PC.     Couple games on Switch Id like to play too.

54 minutes ago, 43M said:

Have what?   The games?   PS4 and PC.     Couple games on Switch Id like to play too.

Ha sorry yeah, the games.

was wondering because one of the few nice things about this historically dry period at the start of the gen for next gen exclusives, is at least these consoles inherently make the older games better. 

Either through official free patches, or just loading in faster. It’s crazy the difference between the two when it comes to that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 1:21 PM, 43M said:

Had a chance to get one today at Target, but passed on it.    I have a bunch of non PS5 games I want to play, so I feel like Id barely play it for awhile.   

:/

This is probably the only thing that has kept me from really going all in after one. I'm not getting to play my ps4 as it is and I have a ton of games that I'm still trying to get through. 

And that's not even considering all of the games i have for the switch that I'm trying to complete as well. 

I'm at the point where if I happen to find one, I'll probably buy it just because why not and may as well take advantage of the situation, but really I'm not overly pressed to nab one yet. 

• Like 1