rcon14 Mock 5.0

rcon14

Just a "okay" from me.  Like I get it, but don't love it.

I despise the first pick as a TE.  Rather go Devin Bush as he's gonna pop on tape.  If you want a TE that can be a "plus" blocker, while still catching the ball some, you can grab that later.  And I think you did.  And if not Bush, grab me Wilkens.

I"m okay with a WR at #30.  Just okay.  Really hoping for a TE (Fant) or OL (Risner).

I'm a fan of Webber.  Think that is nice value there.  Good back.

Thornhill may check the boxes, but I didn't especially like the little bit of tape I saw on him.  I sit the fence on him.

I didn't watch any Winovich.

I absolutely love Jenkins.  Great pick.  

But...given what went before #12, that is a disaster board.  Trading down is the right thing to do.  I'd like Wilkens or Bush there.  Save TE for later.

1 hour ago, SSG said:

Not sure why this is surprising given the depth charts of the 2 positions.  We're much better off at safety inregards to both depth and youth.  

How's the strengths of the draft not being taken advantage of?  TE is one of this draft's strongest position groups.  

Don't agree with your opinion on safeties. Jones may never see another snap there. So we have Amos and Greene currently. Five TE's ? I thought Hockenson was so great you only need one for the next 200 years ?

As far as the draft, it's a lot of what has already been talked about. By taking Hockenson (a non premium position) so early in a year filled with viable TE's, you end up with the Jake Ryan of ER's (a premium position.) We have 5 locks at WR, 3 of which could be solid #2's because they were just rookies last year, and Adams will be the go to and catch 90 balls no matter what, so law of diminishing returns / shiny new toy syndrome applies with a WR at #30 IMO. And again, pushes what you end up with at DL and OL, 2 positions of much greater importance and need than WR. Two First Rounders and we dont pick a big till #75 ??  Safety in the second seems like the perfect sweet spot, but I think we need to draft another one later as well.

I understand why fans like it - but it's backwards IMO. Frosting with no substance, and we need substance

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Just a "okay" from me.  Like I get it, but don't love it.

I despise the first pick as a TE.  Rather go Devin Bush as he's gonna pop on tape.  If you want a TE that can be a "plus" blocker, while still catching the ball some, you can grab that later.  And I think you did.  And if not Bush, grab me Wilkens.

I"m okay with a WR at #30.  Just okay.  Really hoping for a TE (Fant) or OL (Risner).

I'm a fan of Webber.  Think that is nice value there.  Good back.

Thornhill may check the boxes, but I didn't especially like the little bit of tape I saw on him.  I sit the fence on him.

I didn't watch any Winovich.

I absolutely love Jenkins.  Great pick.  

But...given what went before #12, that is a disaster board.  Trading down is the right thing to do.  I'd like Wilkens or Bush there.  Save TE for later.

As someone who isn't even like "Hock is Gronk" people are really turning Hock into Marcedes Lewis. The guy is still a good receiving weapon. A much more efficient player in college than Fant in terms of drop percentage as well.

I don't even love it, but I also acknowledge it carries a great deal of realism with it, which is the point at this time in the process.

2 minutes ago, VegasDan said:

Well done.very realistic and well thought out. Curious to see if the Pack weigh the RAS scores this much in there evaluations.

Currently the only non-elite player on our roster that we've drafted is Jamaal Williams.

Damn that trade would be sweet as hell. Bit wishful thinking. Your thought process is similar to mine, although I'd go with some different players at the same positions (Brown over Butler, Savage over Thornhill, Banogu over Winovich), if I got down to 17 I think I'd just pull the trigger on Simmons though. Tough pill still but man is he going to be Fletcher Cox good.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Damn that trade would be sweet as hell. Bit wishful thinking. Your thought process is similar to mine, although I'd go with some different players at the same positions (Brown over Butler, Savage over Thornhill, Banogu over Winovich), if I got down to 17 I think I'd just pull the trigger on Simmons though. Tough pill still but man is he going to be Fletcher Cox good.

I was really excited for him at 12 before the injury.  Just not sure how far he falls.  GB brought him in for 1 of their 30 visits I believe, so maybe they are willing to go that route if he is still on the board at a particular slot.....just not sure where that might be.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Interesting take.......but whats your feel on the character issue regards Simmons?
Not asking you to litigate it - no, no - but how do you think the Packers perceive the issue? Is he even on their board or not?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Interesting take.......but whats your feel on the character issue regards Simmons?
Not asking you to litigate it - no, no - but how do you think the Packers perceive the issue? Is he even on their board or not?

No issue for me, can't say how the FO views it though. The fact he came for a visit tells you he's on our board though. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No issue for me, can't say how the FO views it though. The fact he came for a visit tells you he's on our board though. 

Agreed.

In for a visit...which GB does not use willy nilly IMO

Getsy being on staff would/should have a really good read on Simmons the person and the player.

Case to be made that Simmons was a top 5-10 talent in this draft before the injury.

IDL studs are hard to find, Simmons has the potential to be just that.  

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I agree....and it would be an interesting change in.....apparent practice if we selected him.

I'm pretty much in total agreement with @Packerraymond on this one. If those are the Top 11 picks in the 2019 NFL Draft then I love the trade down. I also really like your thought process (clear and concise draft plan) and the positions take in the Top 4 Rounds of the Mock, but I'm simply not a fan of the majority of the players selected. 

At 17, I'd also probably lean Simmons (especially with Getsy on staff). I don't dislike Hockenson (and I don't want to entertain the TE positional value argument), but I simply don't think he's worth the 17th overall selection especially in THIS draft. 

I can get on the board with the Hakeem Butler selection at 30 especially if you already know that you have 2 more selections in the next 15 picks (which is the case here). 

Like the position selected at 37, but there's no way Thornhill would be my highest rated S on the board at that selection. 

Exact same thing at 44, like the position selected, but there's no way Winovich would be my highest rated EDGE on the board at that selection.

Similar deal at 75, I could get on board with an OL selection here, but I'm not confident Jenkins can play RT in the NFL, and IMHO that's what we need to draft-- an OT prospect. I don't think we need to draft anything along the iOL (we've been connected almost zero OL prospects outside of players that project to play OT in the NFL). 

LOVE both the Hill and Cashman selections. Both could provide an excellent return at those draft slots. 

I won't quibble too much about the late round selections, but I don't think Moreau will fall out of the 4th--I think there are much better options than Webster at CB--l like Weber--I could get on board with Minshew if he keeps the mustache. 

Overall, well done and thanks for the read! 

Archived