Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll take the blame for a chunk of that. I didn't trust my gut in time to save Orca and get the vote shifted to Rack. Obviously pickle wasn't going to make the jump like I expected, which largely confirmed him as jester, but I didn't know that at the time. Figured I would only need dingo, and I wasn't sure if he cared and I could just ask him to move over lol. 

Town should have won day two if I had manned up

I like how you’re trying to be mature and self reflect to improve.  But this is like blaming yourself for not being able to resuscitate the guy who had a midnight snack on a doublebarrel.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 11:49 AM, The Orca said:
On 5/21/2019 at 10:55 PM, rackcs said:

Well I was trying to multiquote a bunch of posts but I refreshed the page because of new replies and lost them but whatever. To sum it up.

I wasn't thinking about Swag's motives for claiming jester when I posted that post earlier, I was just trying to discern his alignment. I felt pretty strongly that he was faking the jester role because I felt Swag would play it much more subtly if he were. So I get why that post rubbed some people the wrong way.

I think Counselor is probably the jester. It read to me like someone trying to be subtle about being the jester but utterly failing. To be honest I didn't totally get the squire thing other than malf having a read and squire not being super active but it worked out so fair enough and good on malf. 

I don't really get what people see with orca but his posts didn't really stick with me while reading up either so if he someone wants to explain their thought process on him I'd go back and reread and see if I get the same vibe.

As for now I still feel pretty strongly about Pickle. He started off playing exactly like last game and then has continued to accuse me of being scum basically because I'm saying he's scum. Pickle to me is such obvious scum that I feel pretty certain I'll stay on him today unless someone can sway me.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:18 PM, rackcs said:

I mean, half of the mafia players on this forum start saying this **** the second they get a vote so it didn't super stand out to me. But now that I'm looking at it again this looks like a pathetic attempt to come across as jester to avoid being lynched as scum.

On 5/21/2019 at 11:26 PM, rackcs said:

Yeah which is why I think this is a poor attempt at coming across as jester when in actuality they're mafia. I still feel in my gut of guts that pickle is the second scum but that does seem pretty obvious. I'm going to bed though and don't want to leave my vote out there while I'm asleep so I'm going to stay unvoted for now and check back in the morning.

On 5/22/2019 at 7:39 AM, rackcs said:

***** I was here all day long and nobody wanted to post but then when I had some yard work to do and a movie to see you guys filled up 20+ pages. I stayed up late last night just to finish catching up. Sassy little girl.

As for Orca/Pickle, I feel like it's gotta be Orca. I know I've been pounding the Pickle table pretty hard but Orca has pretty clearly looked like the second mafia here. He tries a desperate and pathetic attempt to come across as the jester by claiming mafia and surrendering and then when you move your vote off of him and start talking about other people he starts trying to contribute to the game again. I'm not buying it. 

Orca

On 5/22/2019 at 10:31 AM, rackcs said:

Honestly at this point it seems pretty simple to me. Orca played his hand pretty terribly on day 2 here because he probably panicked about his scum buddy being caught day 1. There's an outside chance at it being pickle because he's been pretty scummy and refused to vote for squire but orca just seems like really obvious bad scum.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:40 AM, The Orca said:

So here is why I claimed Mafia...

I'm town and believe Pickle is not Mafia. Seeing where almost everyone was between us 2, I decided to create a distraction. This said distraction needed to be something that was outrageous. I went with a play that the actual mafia would probably want to push me for because its an easy lynch, but something that they may have to be hesitant about because I may be the Jester. Doing this I was able to gauge how people reacted and proceeded with their posts. On the flip side the real Jester would not want me lynched  because they would lose if I'm mafia or be 1 step closer to losing if I was Civ.

This gambit has lead to a few revelations

1. I'd bet on Counselor, Racks, or Dingo being the mafia. Racks for his posts today, Counselor for his posts D1, and Dingo for claiming Jester

2. I'd lean more to Dingo actually being the Jester. It would make sense for him to make a play that could be seen as Mafia trying to get another day by claiming Jester early in D2. 

3. This leaves Counselor and Racks imo. Racks is actually where I'm thinking based on today....though I really want to lynch Counselor

Spelled it out 

tenor.gif

On 5/21/2019 at 11:35 PM, The Orca said:

@Dome mafia gives up

tenor.gif?itemid=11645807

Best Mafia game post ever imo. Was so hoping @rackcs would have taken the bait here lmao

On 5/22/2019 at 3:33 PM, SwAg said:

I’ll go ahead and say it.  I think Orca and Rick are Jester/Mafia and coordinated together.  There’s no other way to explain the duality of egregiously stupid thought processes.

On 5/22/2019 at 3:36 PM, The Orca said:

Very special

giphy.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll take the blame for a chunk of that. I didn't trust my gut in time to save Orca and get the vote shifted to Rack. Obviously pickle wasn't going to make the jump like I expected, which largely confirmed him as jester, but I didn't know that at the time. Figured I would only need dingo, and I wasn't sure if he cared and I could just ask him to move over lol. 

Town should have won day two if I had manned up

I was probably dead. It was a risk I though was worth taking. Didnt expect Swag to double barrel and lodge his head as well...but I figured maybe I'd be the stumpy or the remaining civs would actually read and comprehend what I said. Racks did well to hit you which sucked.

12 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Orca, what do you think happens on D2 if you do anything other than what you did?

Me or Pickle are lynched...96% chance

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I’m shocked a plan as well-thought and logical as that failed, Orca.

It didnt fail. It just failed to successfully lynch the mafia because Dingo was Dingo, Counselor was Counselor, and you refused to listen to logic

I still figured out who the mafia was and stopped you all from potentially lynching Pickle and came 1 vote from being the MVP...still could have been if again those 2 people listened to reason imo today

Also @SwAg D1 again xD

On 5/21/2019 at 9:08 PM, The Orca said:

Im not liking Squire and Racks

This post from Racks seems sketchy. I think it was his last post...would love to hear why he thinks Swag is town faking Jester...and now Swag says Counselor is faking Jester as town

@Malfatron great call on Squire

• Like 1

If you’re not understanding how you pointlessly obscured the game for all the participants other than yourself, then I don’t know what to tell you.

You chose the most viable strategy for Mafia to survive.  Then backed out in time to solidify it as the best route for Mafia to survive.  Thus, the effect was pointlessly throwing fuel onto the Jester hysteria, and clearing no one.  You brought Dingo and Counselor back to the forefront on Jester concerns, who both denied it, which added fuel to them faking the Jester.

Meanwhile the whole thought process collapses because Pickle was the Jester, and no one is going to think “gee, Pickle is defending Orca, he might be The Jester.”

It was a hairbrain strategy that no one thought was good.  Hence why when I asked four different people (including your brother) to explain how I was wrong on it being a stupid strategy, and none of them replied.

3 minutes ago, SwAg said:

If you’re not understanding how you pointlessly obscured the game for all the participants other than yourself, then I don’t know what to tell you.

You chose the most viable strategy for Mafia to survive.  Then backed out in time to solidify it as the best route for Mafia to survive.  Thus, the effect was pointlessly throwing fuel onto the Jester hysteria, and clearing no one.  You brought Dingo and Counselor back to the forefront on Jester concerns, who both denied it, which added fuel to them faking the Jester.

Meanwhile the whole thought process collapses because Pickle was the Jester, and no one is going to think “gee, Pickle is defending Orca, he might be The Jester.”

It was a hairbrain strategy that no one thought was good.  Hence why when I asked four different people (including your brother) to explain how I was wrong on it being a stupid strategy, and none of them replied.

Your Jester claim on D1 was **** and yeilded no results except you getting lynched in LYLO...great job getting LVP

6 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Also I was not faking my inactivity day 1. I really was doing yard work and then saw a movie.

Did you see one day two? Because I thought you said you were, but then never quite disappeared the way I anticipated

• Like 1

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

What about the second day....that seemed like complete faked inactivity 

Lol that was one of the things that stood out to me. That and the "if swag isn't dead tonight" thing locked him into my top two. 

• Like 1