Micro-Mafia Games - Game 2, Jester Mafia - Night Thusday @ 10pm EST

Dome

@wwhickok

You've never played at all?

The idea behind it is that The Town is trying to get rid of The Mafia  and any Others that may be detrimental to Town. Before each game you'll be sent a Role PM telling you which team you're on and any other information pertinent to your role like your abilities or known teammates.

The Town is the uninformed majority, meaning they generally don't know who's who and have to sort it out in thread to correctly lynch Mafia at night. Town Power Roles like the Cop or Doctor can investigate or attempt to save other players at night.

The Mafia is the informed minority, meaning they know each other's identities and abilities and they can coordinate efforts and strategies to avoid the noose. Usually the Mafia has "cover roles" so they can appear Town, which prevents the Town players from identifying them too easily. Mafia has Power Roles too, like a Roleblocker who can prevent Town Power Roles from making a move or Strongman who can kill a player, bypassing a Doctor's protection.

Each day all players vote for who should be lynched at night until a majority is reached on one player. The lynched players identity will be revealed and then all Power Role moves and Mafia moves are sent in over the next 12 hours. The results of the Night's actions are posted in a writeup, including any additional player deaths that happened at Night, and the next Day begins.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

That sounds wicked!

I honestly can't tell if you've never played before or you're a 500 game mafia vet trolling me. 

If you've never played, the whole game is about lying so you should understand my distrust.

If you have played, the whole game is about lying so you should stop laughing at me now. 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

I honestly can't tell if you've never played before or you're a 500 game mafia vet trolling me. 

If you've never played, the whole game is about lying so you should understand my distrust.

If you have played, the whole game is about lying so you should stop laughing at me now. 

We may never know ;)

2 hours ago, Dome said:

On this note - I personally think games like this aren't good for newbs.

Just now, Dome said:

por que?

Lotta different mechanics outside of normal games - different roles, moves, wincons, etc.

I'm barely paying attention, so maybe there's nothing wrong with this specific set up.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Lotta different mechanics outside of normal games - different roles, moves, wincons, etc.

I'm barely paying attention, so maybe there's nothing wrong with this specific set up.

This tourney will just only have "normal" roles and abilities. IMO 9 mini-games of that should be a great crash course to mafia. 

• Like 1