Schobert potentially could be traded?

buno67

10 hours ago, Tomahawk said:

I am aware of the differences between an ILB and a DE, and their respective rolls.  

I am willing to put money on Clark's regression this year with the Chiefs.  He is NOT a top 20 DE.  I've watched a lot of the tape.

I am not stating we can get more than a 2nd rounder for Schobert.  I am suggesting that IF(And it's a BIG IF) we trade Schobert, it is going to take similar compensation from a desperate team.   We are not going to weaken our starting core to draft someone in the 3rd round or later and hope he is good enough.  While Dorsey is high on Avery, I don't think a second rounder is going to be enough to get him to trade. 

Isn't it amazing how two people can watch the same tape and see two totally different things? I see Clark as a top 20 DE. I'm trying to think of 20 better DEs. Can't do it. I guess my point is: opinions on players are subjective, no matter how much tape you watch.

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

Isn't it amazing how two people can watch the same tape and see two totally different things? I see Clark as a top 20 DE. I'm trying to think of 20 better DEs. Can't do it. I guess my point is: opinions on players are subjective, no matter how much tape you watch.

Opinions and PFF are subjective, but All 22 Film never lies amirite @Mind Character.

7 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Myles Garrett
Khalil Mack
Joey Bosa
Cameron Jordan
Demarcus Lawrence
Michael Bennett
Ezekiel Ansah
Calais Campbell
Jason Pierre-Paul
Cameron Wake
Trey Flowers
Julius Peppers
Chandler Jones
Everson Griffen
Yannick Ngakoue
Melvin Ingram
Mario Addison
Brandon Graham
Carlos Dunlap
Marcus Golden

Hell throw in 3-4 DEs and you have at a minimum:
Aaron Donald
Leonard Williams
JJ Watt
Muhammad Wilkerson
Cam Heyward
And I could probably go through and find at least 10 more....

Is Frank Clark a solid DE?  Absolutely.  I just think his success last year was more a product of scheme, and play around him, than of his own doing.  I could easily be proven wrong this year if he makes 10+ sacks again.  But I thhink it was a fluke year, not a testament to how he will play year in and year out.  

@Tomahawk, there are some questionable names on that list 😂 

Clark didn’t really have a fluke year, he had 9 sacks in ‘17 and 10 in ‘16.

Is he a top 5-10 DE?  No, probably not.  Is he worth what it cost to get him?  Idk, we’ll see, but I’d say no as of now. But I think you’re on an island without much company if you don’t think he’s a top 25 player at his position.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@Tomahawk, there are some questionable names on that list 😂 

Clark didn’t really have a fluke year, he had 9 sacks in ‘17 and 10 in ‘16.

Is he a top 5-10 DE?  No, probably not.  Is he worth what it cost to get him?  Idk, we’ll see, but I’d say no as of now. But I think you’re on an island without much company if you don’t think he’s a top 25 player at his position.

Well Clark is clearly better than Peppers cause he retired

Ansah is still an unsigned free agent. 

Wasn't aware Peppers retired, and that's what I get from mostly going by memory on the top 10.

Ansah is likely signing with Baltimore.   He needs to be medically cleared to play from his shoulder injury, which is expected to be August.  That is why he is still unsigned.  

51 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Myles Garrett
Khalil Mack
Joey Bosa
Cameron Jordan
Demarcus Lawrence
Michael Bennett
Ezekiel Ansah
Calais Campbell
Jason Pierre-Paul
Cameron Wake
Trey Flowers
Julius Peppers
Chandler Jones
Everson Griffen
Yannick Ngakoue
Melvin Ingram
Mario Addison
Brandon Graham
Carlos Dunlap
Marcus Golden

Hell throw in 3-4 DEs and you have at a minimum:
Aaron Donald
Leonard Williams
JJ Watt
Muhammad Wilkerson
Cam Heyward
And I could probably go through and find at least 10 more....

Is Frank Clark a solid DE?  Absolutely.  I just think his success last year was more a product of scheme, and play around him, than of his own doing.  I could easily be proven wrong this year if he makes 10+ sacks again.  But I thhink it was a fluke year, not a testament to how he will play year in and year out.  

Tf??? 😂

that list is...well, it’s hilarious.

21 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Tf??? 😂

that list is...well, it’s hilarious.

Glad I could give you a laugh.   Granted I didn't watch everyone on that list last year, and I was going off of memory from years passed.  But sacks are not the only thing of value when it comes to the DE position.  I just don't see Frank Clark as worth what the Chiefs gave up to get him(especially considering what the 49ers gave to the Chiefs for Ford).  And I don't see Clark anywhere near worth the money they paid them. 

Archived