2019 Day 1 Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

jleisher

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, sorry to everyone who thought we had to surround Rodgers with first round offensive talent, but Gute knows better. 

Did anybody who follows this team really think they were going to take offensive skill players high?  We've got a new coach, but you can trace the continuity in this FO back to Ron Wolf.

Plus, how many other offensive skill positions have been taken so far by other teams?

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

LOL go watch some tape, please.  The last 2 seasons, he's had 111 tackles, 7 interceptions, and 10 PD.  The kid is good.

Not to mention he's literally the perfect fit next to Amos.

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Did anybody who follows this team really think they were going to take offensive skill players high?  We've got a good coach, but you can trace the continuity in this FO back to Ron Wolf.

That's what I was asking myself all offseason leading up to this.  There are still people here who thought we might draft a WR, TE or IOL. 

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

We just added 3 starters in FA and 2 1st round picks to the defense.  How in the world does that scream one player away?

Yep. I'm going to sound like a broken record but I've been saying since Dec/Jan we needed 4 new starters on this defense.

Now we do, and have Rashan Gary as the home-run swing on top of it.

Perry/Matthews/Fackrell/Brice/Tramon -> Smith/Smith/Gary/Amos/Savage

Ryan Wood:

So much for Packers focusing early and often on offense in this draft.

For 8th straight year, they use first pick on defense.

Third straight year they've used their first two picks on defense.

I imagine they might give Matt LaFleur some offensive pieces at some point. Maybe?

(Interesting stats.................)

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Did anybody who follows this team really think they were going to take offensive skill players high?  We've got a good coach, but you can trace the continuity in this FO back to Ron Wolf.

What are we calling high?  High as in a FRP?  No, they were never taking an offensive skill position in the first round.  In the second?  I think they'd do it if the right guy fell to them.

Archived