2019 Day 1 Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

jleisher

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Someone (San Francisco) is moving up for him.  But Washington would have to give up their SRP and third just to get even close.  Not sure who you make that deal for here.

You think San Fran will move up for Brown?

I am really locked in on AJ Brown which means we probably won't get him. I would just love a trio of Adams, Brown, MVS/Allison with ESB given time to develop and being great depth. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

ya'all remember the days when we're start to get excited at this time on Thursday night of the draft?

god those times sucked.

it's fun to be sucky

Used to be we'd get excited then TT would trade into day 2 and 4 hours of our lives would be lost. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

I mean, Oakland drafted Joseph and Abram.  Both are more box safeties.  Unless you're planning on essentially playing a Cover-3/1 this doesn't make sense to me.

I meant CGJ. But yeah. I dont think Oak is enamored with Karl. Also dont have a ton of respect for Mayock as a GM at this point either.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, Oakland drafted Joseph and Abram.  Both are more box safeties.  Unless you're planning on essentially playing a Cover-3/1 this doesn't make sense to me.

Assuming they want to move on from Joesph and pair Abrams with Joyner. There were talk last year about them wanting to move him. 

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Look, Packers clearly viewed safety as a very important position to shore up, therefore, they did their homework and got the guy they wanted....out of the entire safety class.  I trust their evaluation.

No no. You need to be outraged.

When it's obvious to a twit like my that Darnell was easily worth 30....

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

ya'all remember the days when we're start to get excited at this time on Thursday night of the draft?

god those times sucked.

it's fun to be sucky

Come draft time, more fun to suck the season before.  

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Look, Packers clearly viewed safety as a very important position to shore up, therefore, they did their homework and got the guy they wanted....out of the entire safety class.  I trust their evaluation.

For what it's worth. Which is almost 0... Savage was one of the last 1st rounders left for me.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Gruden thinks it's still 1998, and he is determined to make the NFL 1998 again.

God damn you are astute. I feel you this a lot but post more. You're one of my favs. It's the ******* truth here. I love JG. but man...

Archived