2019 Day 1 Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!)

jleisher

8 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I meant CGJ. But yeah. I dont think Oak is enamored with Karl. Also dont have a ton of respect for Mayock as a GM at this point either.

LOL Mayock LOVED Joseph coming out and defended Oakland arguably at the time and now historically reaching for him.

I believe the draft is a crap shoot and you can hedge your bets by getting more picks. I also believe more in players who produced in college than hopefully will project well in the NFL. I was hoping for Savage so happy he's a part of the team. Hope Gary proves to be great. I think we may never know the price of trading away two 4th round picks.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He was always going to be a guy that showed up far better in pads than shorts. Dude does the dirty work as well as anyone. I'd geek if we took him to be Daniels' replacement.

Oh, and he's smart as hell on the field.

No doubt. I was riding a wave on him after watching. I wouldve been pumped rd 4. We no longer have those b's.

Just now, cannondale said:

Trading up looks to be the right move. We HAD to have a safety. Early run on WR and more S early second round

It's about grabbing your safety.  We had the choice of ALL the safeties, and we chose Savage.

Just now, Cadmus said:

You almost have to be from Michigan at this point. 

Why? Because I like two prospects that happen to go to schools in Michigan (3 if you count Sean Bunting)? Nah, I think Layne is a great combination of size, ball skills and athleticism. He's what we want Kevin King to be.

Archived