2019 Draft Weekend Discussion!

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I know the thinking is that the Raiders are staying at 35 after what Mayock said last night on the NFLN but you have to trade down. Teams should be calling to move up especially if the Cardinals don’t trade out which is looking unlikely. The value for 35 is to good to just stay there. 

Mayock said he turned down the two offers last night because he is comfortable picking at 35, or fielding more offers tomorrow (today). He didn't say he turned down the two trade offers to pick at 35, he said he was cool with picking 35 but wanted more offers to choose from.

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How does Murphy fit in our scheme? Would love Risner, gives us a starting G and a backup plan at OT if Miller sucks this year.

very good in zone coverage and recognizing and closing on routes, probably doesnt have deep speed and doesn't have height, but he is aggressive and isn't a minus against the run. I'd think the Colts or any jumping up in trade heavy zone scheme would be a threat to take him before 35 though.

29 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How does Murphy fit in our scheme? Would love Risner, gives us a starting G and a backup plan at OT if Miller sucks this year.

Honestly. Don’t know about scheme. I like his YouTube highlights. That’s right. I admit it. Love Risner because he’s versatile and I’m an OL guy. It’s the most important unit on any team and Carr needs to be kept upright. Just can’t have him getting the crap beat out of him again.

I would also seriously consider Metcalf here. He's just such a freak athlete, and could be a real long term building block for the offense. And with AB and Williams he would see single coverage a ton and could fill a specific role of deep threat for a year or two. Williams can be let go after the year so if he plays well you have 3 guys that can do different things, one with sky high potential. If Williams doesnt DK can take over for him after this season. I think the sexond round is appropriate value and when you can take a risk on a guy with such upside. I'd have him above Brown, but not by much. I'd have it

1. Greedy

2. Metcalf

3. Brown

Isn’t Risners biggest weakness his pass protection ? His footwork isn’t great is it?

If we stay at #35 I’d go CB (Rock Ya Sin) but as there hasn’t been a run yet, I’d look to trade down and get one later maybe Long. 

Archived