Overwatch

cddolphin

I got this from someone else, but this is so sick.  Cannot wait.

Duration and promotions

• Event will last From May 22 to June 11.

• The game will be free to play from May 25 to May 28. You will keep all content unlocked during a free weekend if you buy the game.

• A new Overwatch Legendary Edition will be released digitally on May 22 that include several Legendary, Epic, and Origin skins for a total of 15 skins. (There are 5 Origin skins so that leaves 10 "normal" skins to be unlocked with the edition. Upgrading to the GOTY from the normal edition currently costs around 20 bucks.)

New Cosmetics

• 8 new legendary skins. One of them is Pirate Junkrat.

• 3 new epic skins.

• 3 new dance emotes ( Doomfist, Moira, Brigitte).

• 36 other new items.

Lootbox content

• During this event, all cosmetics are available, including event items. They will be included in the lootbox pool alongside the new event items. Their credit price was not revealed.

• You will get a legendary lootbox when you first log in after the patch. It contains a non-duplicate legendary item.

• A second legendary lootbox is gifted to players who buy a bundle of 50 boxes.

• All previous event lootboxes can be bought for the duration of the event.

Deathmatch and game modes

• A new deathmatch exclusive map, Petra, will be released.

• A deathmatch competitive season will take place (unclear if it will be Team Deathmatch or Free For All)

• All previous event brawls will be playable and will rotate daily in the Arcade.

Sources

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/996012676449951745

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/21779230

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/overwatch-second-anniversary-event-re-releases-all-the-previous-seasonal-event-cosmetics

https://www.heroesneverdie.com/2018/5/14/17348534/overwatch-second-anniversary-event-cosmetics-deathmatch-details

33 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

^^Trying to get some attention back on OW? I know a lot of people have ditched it. I for one haven't even finished my placement matches this season.

I am avoiding placements this season until Brigitte is no longer broken and overpowered, I'd have to keep playing to avoid decay. Just playing on a different account for the time being.

Edited by Danger

I hate Brigitte.  She's way too strong.  She can beat tons of DPS in a 1v1 because she does good damage, has a stun and can shield damage.  I wish she didn't have a shield, I think that's the problem with her.  Shields are terrible for gameplay and this is just another one they added to the game.  If they add another shield character I think I'm done playing this for good.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I hate Brigitte.  She's way too strong.  She can beat tons of DPS in a 1v1 because she does good damage, has a stun and can shield damage.  I wish she didn't have a shield, I think that's the problem with her.  Shields are terrible for gameplay and this is just another one they added to the game.  If they add another shield character I think I'm done playing this for good.

There's a good chance the next hero is a main tank honestly.

3 hours ago, HighHopes said:

Zen looks really easy to play when Widow and Tracer aren't on every map lol. I decided to watch Jjonak to actually learn a bit more about playing Zen and it was literally just following Rein and throwing balls through him lol.

There is so much more to it.

Positioning is super important as Zen. You play him far differently on attack of Defense.

38 minutes ago, Danger said:

There is so much more to it.

Positioning is super important as Zen. You play him far differently on attack of Defense.

I simplified it, of course, but in comparison to facing a flanker that can one clip you and a sniper that can one shot you from across the map? It's much easier lol. I literally watched him for half a map (on defense) and he literally just sat a small distance behind Reinhardt and that was about it lol. I know Zen is much harder to play which was why I was trying to learn from him, but from the short time I watched, there wasn't much to learn.