Jump to content
CWood21

1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

20 snaps.  Clark was the #2 DL when he had about four times that many snaps.  Now he's no where near the top of the leader board.  Let's see how it plays out.

But...his first 20 snaps are impressive.  90.7!

I wasn't referring to the numbers as much as the film.  It is incredible considering how young he is and how how he's only 8 months removed from tearing his ACL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vegas492 said:

7 games.

112 snaps.  68 pass.  42 run.  2 coverage.

10 tackles.  1 sack.

PFF score of 54.1.  58.3 pass rush.  65.4 run defense.

Personally, I'm not thrilled with the production for the draft pick used on him.  I am happy, however, with his speed of play.  He's raw and we are getting kind of what I thought we'd get through 7 games.

But...we should be looking to see him becoming more productive as the season goes on.  ...says Captain Obvious.

Just to irritate everyone:

Kahlil Mack in his first season only had 4 sacks and 12 QB hits on 992 snaps.  Gary has a better sack rate per snap.  It is not his fault that we have two studs starting at his position this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a redshirt year for Rashan, I'll be concerned next year if there's no progression.

Before all the "you don't redshirt the #12 pick" posts come in from the Gary hating crowd, you sure do when you're drafting a premium position and putting him in a room of 2 FAs you dropped over 100m on as well as a guy who got 10 sacks last year. 

The guy is going to play 15 snaps a year and whatever he gives you is a cherry on top.

Next year Fackrell will be gone if they like Tim Williams and Gary will get 25-30 snaps a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Just to irritate everyone:

Kahlil Mack in his first season only had 4 sacks and 12 QB hits on 992 snaps.  Gary has a better sack rate per snap.  It is not his fault that we have two studs starting at his position this year.

Mack had 12 QB hits, 16 TFLs, and 75 total tackles

Gary has 1 QB hit, 1 TFL, and 10 total tackles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Leader said:

Good. Thats what matters. The subjects closed then.

I've given my thoughts multiple times now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is a redshirt year for Rashan, I'll be concerned next year if there's no progression.

Before all the "you don't redshirt the #12 pick" posts come in from the Gary hating crowd, you sure do when you're drafting a premium position and putting him in a room of 2 FAs you dropped over 100m on as well as a guy who got 10 sacks last year. 

The guy is going to play 15 snaps a year and whatever he gives you is a cherry on top.

Next year Fackrell will be gone if they like Tim Williams and Gary will get 25-30 snaps a game.

Except he sucks in his 15 snaps per game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

I wasn't referring to the numbers as much as the film.  It is incredible considering how young he is and how how he's only 8 months removed from tearing his ACL

I didn't see the film, but PFF loved his 20 snaps.  And I likely won't, but I'll keep checking him out on PFF.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Except he sucks in his 15 snaps per game

I swear you are the most negative guy on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Golfman said:

I swear you are the most negative guy on here. 

Oh great, are you a part of the Kool-Aid brigade too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A whole lot of mental gymnastics being done here to explain away our #12 pick looking like a UDFA.

I didn't like the pick, but I understood it.

For that athlete, I'm willing to give him time.

But your point is well taken with me.  He's not playing like a #12 overall pick.  I don't know anyone here who thought he would.  This is a pick for the future and should speak volumes about the coaches who can or cannot develop him.   Like it or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Except he sucks in his 15 snaps per game

So?

Rashan is not a game changer right now by any means. Clearly not ready to be an NFL starter at EDGE. That's fine, we're 6-1. Keep getting him snaps. I could go down the list of guys that had awful reps as rookies that are leaders of this team 3-4 years later. We have the Smith Bros anyway, even if he busts it has a minimal impact on this team as Savage and Jenkins are already long-term players so the draft class will be fine and we haven't needed Gary at all to get to 6-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I didn't like the pick, but I understood it.

For that athlete, I'm willing to give him time.

But your point is well taken with me.  He's not playing like a #12 overall pick.  I don't know anyone here who thought he would.  This is a pick for the future and should speak volumes about the coaches who can or cannot develop him.   Like it or not.

Half the ******* board was predicting 9 sacks for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×