1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

• 4 weeks later...

He's learning. Used the long arm on Decker and bowled him over at the feet of Stafford.

(Play at 1:11 remaining 1st Q) Wish I knew how to make gifs and things.

Now was the ball long gone? Yes. Did Decker trip on his Guards feet? Yes. But the young man used it, kept his hands out the gear, and got some push. More please.

9 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

He's learning. Used the long arm on Decker and bowled him over at the feet of Stafford.

(Play at 1:11 remaining 1st Q) Wish I knew how to make gifs and things.

Now was the ball long gone? Yes. Did Decker trip on his Guards feet? Yes. But the young man used it, kept his hands out the gear, and got some push. More please.

Very excited what Gary is going to bring at the end of the year or next year. Very confident he's going to learn how to really play the position and with his athleticism/ talent, sky is the limit. 

• Like 2

7 games.

112 snaps.  68 pass.  42 run.  2 coverage.

10 tackles.  1 sack.

PFF score of 54.1.  58.3 pass rush.  65.4 run defense.

Personally, I'm not thrilled with the production for the draft pick used on him.  I am happy, however, with his speed of play.  He's raw and we are getting kind of what I thought we'd get through 7 games.

But...we should be looking to see him becoming more productive as the season goes on.  ...says Captain Obvious.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

7 games.

10 tackles.  1 sack.

Personally, I'm not thrilled with the production for the draft pick used on him.  I am happy, however, with his speed of play.  He's raw and we are getting kind of what I thought we'd get through 7 games.

But...we should be looking to see him becoming more productive as the season goes on.  ...says Captain Obvious.

It's way early still, but I'm getting the idea he's a looks like tarzan plays like jane type.  I think he tries hard, but he never really produces.  He might be John Thierry.  Time will tell.  Definitely disappointing so far for the 12th pick in the draft.

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

7 games.

10 tackles.  1 sack.

How can his overall score be lower than each part? Has he sucked on special teams or something?

12 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's way early still, but I'm getting the idea he's a looks like tarzan plays like jane type.  I think he tries hard, but he never really produces.  He might be John Thierry.  Time will tell.  Definitely disappointing so far for the 12th pick in the draft.

Nah, he definitely plays like Tarzan. He's just raw as heck and doesn't know how to beat NFL tackles yet. He's only 21. Fortunately he has some great vets to learn from.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How can his overall score be lower than each part? Has he sucked on special teams or something?

Not entirely sure, but PFF has a score that kind of "stacks success".  So...it kind of rewards consistent play.

I'm disappointed in the play of a #12 overall pick, but I do get it.  I think we all knew that he was a work in progress.  

And...it is pretty easy to give him time to develop when we are playing like this.

7 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Not entirely sure, but PFF has a score that kind of "stacks success".  So...it kind of rewards consistent play.

I previously referred to the arbitrary nature of some statistical scoring systems. This is what I was referring to.
If you're considering (read: adding) conditional "values" or metrics into the calculations - like "stacking success" or "strength of schedule" - or whatever - you're changing the final product.

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

I previously referred to the arbitrary nature of some statistical scoring systems. This is what I was referring to.
If you're considering (read: adding) conditional "values" or metrics into the calculations - like "stacking success" or "strength of schedule" - or whatever - you're changing the final product.

It isn't arbitrary if it is applied to everyone across the league in the same manner.  Which PFF says they do.

I'm not sure that there is a graded metric that takes into account strength of schedule or opponent.  Kenny Clark is a clear example of this.  He feasted on two pretty terrible centers early in the year and had a top score in the league.  Now?  He's not even breaking 70.  When he was above 90.

But...it's a PFF thing and gives you something to think about it and a metric to judge players by.  Be it perfect or not, it is a tool.  

What I remember reading about "stacking success" they said it applied specifically to Amos the past few years.  He was graded very solid over a long period of time, which boosted his score some because he simply did not have up and down games.  It is harder to be consistent than it is to flash, so that is what it takes into account.