1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

2 minutes ago, snackattack said:

Its frustrating sometimes when you like a player, support the pick, and are generally optimistic about his future, but then have to apply some objectivity to the views that other folks are posting.

IT WAS A NICE PLAY BY GARY. SO WAS THE ONE ON THE WHEEL ROUTE.  But please stop just making things up to make the play sound better than it was. On this one, he didnt do either of the things that the tweet put in the description (i realize this wasnt anyone on here’s tweet). On the wheel route, gary didnt push up the field four yards then redirect his rush bc he got engaged by the OT.  I loved both plays by gary and am excited to see more.  But please dont post statements that are objectively wrong and not expect anyone to say otherwise. Im a gary fan but im not going to be the football fan equivalent of a 14 year old girl in the 90s seeing backstreet boys for the first time.

The tweet was from Rashan Gary sports! LOL

Just now, Kepler said:

All anyone ever said. Thanks

Agree and regardless, he struck Long good! :D

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kepler said:

All anyone ever said. Thanks

False.  I made two references to things that people said that just aren't correct, right after the part of my post that you bolded.  If we all agree they were nice plays, lets just be happy about that instead of embellishing or making things up.  that's my entire point.

23 minutes ago, Golfman said:

The tweet was from Rashan Gary sports! LOL

Agree and regardless, he struck Long good! :D

yeah he gave long a good pop and definitely influenced the play.  the two plays we've been discussing are really great examples of how i've been hoping we would use gary.  love that he is getting in on plays in such limited playing time so far.

PS- i think it was retweeted by his agency, originally posted by someone else, but i'm not the most twitter adept person...

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

It was a retweet by RG. The original tweet, with all the descriptions, was from some rando bro.

Definitely showed some nice heavy hands. Love it.

See I don't do tweeting so I would not it was from someone else. Don't know the protocol I guess. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, snackattack said:

False.  I made two references to things that people said that just aren't correct, right after the part of my post that you bolded.  If we all agree they were nice plays, lets just be happy about that instead of embellishing or making things up.  that's my entire point.

Let me rephrase. That's all anyone on this site was originally saying.

44 minutes ago, snackattack said:

Its frustrating sometimes when you like a player, support the pick, and are generally optimistic about his future, but then have to apply some objectivity to the views that other folks are posting.

IT WAS A NICE PLAY BY GARY. SO WAS THE ONE ON THE WHEEL ROUTE.  But please stop just making things up to make the play sound better than it was. On this one, he didnt do either of the things that the tweet put in the description (i realize this wasnt anyone on here’s tweet). On the wheel route, gary didnt push up the field four yards then redirect his rush bc he got engaged by the OT.  I loved both plays by gary and am excited to see more.  But please dont post statements that are objectively wrong and not expect anyone to say otherwise. Im a gary fan but im not going to be the football fan equivalent of a 14 year old girl in the 90s seeing backstreet boys for the first time.

What about being the bitter old lady who can't stand anyone with a remotely positive take on anything because the grocery store was out of prune juice?

Just now, Kepler said:

Let me rephrase. That's all anyone on this site was originally saying.

Gotcha, on the tweet.  The things people on this site were saying about the wheel route play ended abruptly when they couldn't defend their statements that gary pushed up the field four yards, got jolted by the RT, and redirect his rush inside.

All I gotta say on the Gary play in question is...

This was not the first stunt ever run by Pettine.  That was one of Gary's first, and he got a hit and went through his teammate to get the hit when Perry, Matthews and a whole sad list of other EDGE rushers were unable to get hits in past years. 

To act like it was an amazing Festivus type feat of strength is probably faulty, but so is acting like it wasn't a good play. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kepler said:

What about being the bitter old lady who can't stand anyone with a remotely positive take on anything because the grocery store was out of prune juice?

feel free to point out if i can't stand a positive take somewhere.  like we both just said, we agree it was a positive play.  i'm just calling people out that say things that either aren't true or provide really bad analysis.