1[12]: Rashan Gary [EDGE; Michigan]

CWood21

Just now, cannondale said:

Apples and oranges and you know that. It doesn't help that Gary's draft profile is proving true

I think the draft profile is why people are wanting to be patient.  So far, he hasn't been good.  But I think people realized this was going to take a while to work, if it does work.  So far, I have seen good work ethic, and a desire to improve.  Not much turd to Gary.  That doesn't mean he will work out, but it is earning patience from me.  It isn't like he is Polite.  First round is not where I would have liked a project player, but that is what the Gute did.  

5 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The closest I've got is at 12:33 in the 4th quarter on a play where he didn't affect the throw at all. 

Are pressures becoming one of the most overrated stats out there? They just seem way too subjective and I hate saying that because both of the Smiths get a lot of praise for the amount of pressures they get. 

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think the draft profile is why people are wanting to be patient.  So far, he hasn't been good.  But I think people realized this was going to take a while to work, if it does work.  So far, I have seen good work ethic, and a desire to improve.  Not much turd to Gary.  That doesn't mean he will work out, but it is earning patience from me.  It isn't like he is Polite.  First round is not where I would have liked a project player, but that is what the Gute did.  

We don't know anything about his work ethic? Everybody keeps saying that and I don't know why. 

The problem with the draft profile is that in college he struggled with his first step and turning the corner. It killed his statistical production. We're now sitting in the NFL and he's struggling with his first step and turning the corner, and he has no real statistical production. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Did ANYONE think that was going to the case for Rashan Gary in Y1?  I'm more concerned about how he looks next year.

Do you draft the most talented running back that can't gain yards ? We drafted the most talented pass rusher that can't rush the pass

3 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

Are pressures becoming one of the most overrated stats out there? They just seem way too subjective and I hate saying that because both of the Smiths get a lot of praise for the amount of pressures they get. 

Who marked it as a pressure? Was it PFR or was it just some poster on our board trying to hype up a guy?

Just now, CWood21 said:

Did ANYONE think that was going to the case for Rashan Gary in Y1?  I'm more concerned about how he looks next year.

BUT HE’S PICK #12. Everyone knows that is the magic number pick that must contribute his rookie season or the franchise will be doomed to mediocrity for all eternity. The played I wanted to pick with #12 would have won us two Super Bowls this year. 

2 minutes ago, mikebpackfan said:

BUT HE’S PICK #12. Everyone knows that is the magic number pick that must contribute his rookie season or the franchise will be doomed to mediocrity for all eternity. The played I wanted to pick with #12 would have won us two Super Bowls this year. 

That's what you say when you got nothing.