> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

7 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Read a TDN mock 

We trade back to 29 (Titans) pick up a 2nd (61) 

at 29: Patrick Queen LB

at 53: trade for Yannick (and a '21 4th) (Jags select  DE Uche) 

at 61 KJ Hamler WR 

Trading back for a couple guys who provide depth could help in the long run. Getting Yannick is dope but I'm thinking we'll be in cap hell unless we use these picks to get some cheaper contracts on the books beyond 2020. Unfortunately that doesn't mesh with the window closing on some of the aging vets or guys in their prime already. I believe the avg age of SB winning teams is still around 27 but we had the 31st ranked avg age in 2019. 

I think if we could afford yannick he'd already be an eagle. My only problem with that mock is I don't want a receiver that sucks at catching.

18 minutes ago, Danger said:

I feel like some people just have blind hatred of any player from PSU because it's a hipster mentality to hate the biggest football school from the same state.

I want us to draft Nevada kids that's my alma mater. 

The problem with kj hamler is his hands are hot garbage and after agholor not being able to catch for 5 years i dont want that again.

Edited by ninjapirate

Am I the only one that likes Higgins over Mims? Higgins separates better which is why I like him a little more. Everything seems to be contested with Mims and Carson hasn't done very well with that type of receiver. 

Edit to add: Current WR rankings are.... 1) Jeudy 2) Lamb 3) Ruggs 4) Jefferson 5) Reagor 6) Higgins 7) Mims 8) Aiyuk

Edited by Wentz you dog you

52 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

The problem with kj hamler is his hands are hot garbage and after agholor not being able to catch for 5 years i dont want that again

I don’t think anyone can be as bad as Nelly.

He had awful hands + zero confidence....was in his head all the time leading to more drops.

Almost felt bad for him

32 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Am I the only one that likes Higgins over Mims? Higgins separates better which is why I like him a little more. Everything seems to be contested with Mims and Carson hasn't done very well with that type of receiver. 

Edit to add: Current WR rankings are.... 1) Jeudy 2) Lamb 3) Ruggs 4) Jefferson 5) Reagor 6) Higgins 7) Mims 8) Aiyuk

I still think Higgins could very well have a similar career to DeVante Parker, but you never know, and then it'd still take another 3 seasons before we see him take that next step. Put simply, what's the likelihood of Higgins reaching his potential compared to some others? Higgins does have potential no doubt, but I am skeptical that he actually fleshes it out entirely. His combine was pretty disappointing.

10 hours ago, Danger said:

I still think Higgins could very well have a similar career to DeVante Parker, but you never know, and then it'd still take another 3 seasons before we see him take that next step. Put simply, what's the likelihood of Higgins reaching his potential compared to some others? Higgins does have potential no doubt, but I am skeptical that he actually fleshes it out entirely. His combine was pretty disappointing.

I agree it was rather disappointing but his tape doesn’t lie. He’s still top 5 in this draft for me...my only concerns will be his camp/work ethic. Two things I (we) don’t know. 

11 hours ago, Danger said:
12 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Higgins and Mims both could need a year to cook. Mims is just playing weight and seeing him in a NFL system, which he unfortunately won't get this offseason.
My hope with him is he's putting in the work on his own. He's shown he has that edge to be better, so I'm not as worried about it.
Higgins is huge but plays so weak, if you're gonna ask him to be X he needs to add strength to take on corners. It's not gonna be college where people play off and dont get in his face.
And anecdotally has displayed some lack of motivation, lack of toughness. Hard to say though for sure.

They both come from schools that arent the best at coaching up WRs, so some extra room to grow.
If Higgins is there at 53 and the last of the WRs I'm ok taking him and taking that bet. But not going to take him in the first.

Honestly after doing a hundred mocks and FFMD... I'm at the point where I think we should move up, take a corner or move back a couple.
Jefferson is a fine player who we'd be happy with long term..but he doesnt fix any of our problems really.
We'd have to double back the next round and the only fit would be Aiyuk. Outside guy with some speed, YAC ability.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Higgins and Mims both could need a year to cook. Mims is just playing weight and seeing him in a NFL system, which he unfortunately won't get this offseason.
My hope with him is he's putting in the work on his own. He's shown he has that edge to be better, so I'm not as worried about it.
Higgins is huge but plays so weak, if you're gonna ask him to be X he needs to add strength to take on corners. It's not gonna be college where people play off and dont get in his face.
And anecdotally has displayed some lack of motivation, lack of toughness. Hard to say though for sure.

They both come from schools that arent the best at coaching up WRs, so some extra room to grow.
If Higgins is there at 53 and the last of the WRs I'm ok taking him and taking that bet. But not going to take him in the first.

Honestly after doing a hundred mocks and FFMD... I'm at the point where I think we should move up, take a corner or move back a couple.
Jefferson is a fine player who we'd be happy with long term..but he doesnt fix any of our problems really.
We'd have to double back the next round and the only fit would be Aiyuk. Outside guy with some speed, YAC ability.

Clemson is probably wide receiver U right now 

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Clemson is probably wide receiver U right now 

they get great talent, but a lot of them come into the league not being great route runners or being that well coached.
Takes them a little bit to find their way. Which they aren't alone in that aspect. And a lot of them picked things up quick.

Just worth noting with us not having an offseason and there being these things with Higgins that point to him maybe not being a self starter who wants to get better.
That yes.. we could be waiting for years for him to be something worthy of taking in the top 53.