> 2020 Draft Prospect Thread <

TheRealMcCoy

8 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Seems like all his deep catches are contested, Def not a burner

He has more than adequate speed, You're acting like the dude runs a 4.6 because he doesn't have the defender beat by 5 yards most of the time. I watch Mims and I can see a guy who's good at everything. Yeah, he's no John Ross or Hollywood Brown, but that's completely fine with me. There are plenty of examples of him winning footraces against defensivebacks before and after the catch.

3 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Any wr prospect is good for the eagles. You pick who you think will have the best career. I think van Jefferson is going to be one of the best wideouts in the draft in the pros. If we can get him and Jefferson we’d be good.

Both of those guys are projected to be best utilized in the slot. I think that'd be redundant. 2 different style slots, but 2 slots nonetheless.

There are far more slot WR available in this draft (and probably any draft for that matter) than outside X and Z guys who can get off of press coverage if they need to. The drop off from the guys who can play outside in the first couple rounds is way steeper than Jefferson to the other slots. The very nature of the slot WR position makes it an easier spot to fill. Go read TDN (guys who actually know what they're talking about) scouting reports for all these receivers. You'll come away with the realization and knowledge that this WR draft class is littered with quality slot WR throughout. Whereas guys who can win on the outside, who have that X and Z DNA, are few and far between. Like I can count the legitimate X's and Z's in this class on two hands. They are harder to find, every draft.

1 hour ago, DeSean Jackson said:

I’m sorry but I’m not drafting somebody just because he plays outside Vs the better wide out... could get that in a different round. I can Def see van Jefferson being better then mims as a pro. Mims speed doesn’t really show up on tape, I’m worry of a guy that goes from a 3-4th to a first rounder based on testing... he also doesn’t run tht great of routes, while Jefferson is among the best in route running, he was just stunted by Qb play.

That's fine, it just flies in the face of a nuanced draft strategy.
You are also looking at these guys for what they project at over the length of the rookie contract. Jefferson as is has a good argument to be #4 on a league wide list.
Ceiling wise though there are a couple guys right behind him (Mims, Reagor, Aiyuk) who have more room to grow. Weather that be a limited playbook (Mims) terrible QB play (Reagor) or just more than a season to be the guy (Aiyuk). Jefferson could get better too, but his measurables wont change much athletically. And is he going to have an easier time that a record setting college offense? With an elite Reciever outside to open things up for him and a #1 pick QB who was super accurate? Two things that helped him get open and body catch the way he often does.

Mims is a projection do to his offense. He was asked to do like 2.5 things. He did them really well, but it makes you wonder if he can't or they didn't ask him.
Using his testing and limited time at the Senior Bowl...makes you think it was maybe more that he just wasn't tasked with that at Baylor. I like the kid's attitude and potential. But it's not without risk. 

I like Van Jefferson a ton. My hope is we can get a good receiver outside in the first 64 picks and then get Van in the 3rd. Far better strategy if it were up to me.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:
16 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Who has a better chance of falling into the 3rd round, Shenault or Aiyuk?

Shenault

Yeah the injury stuff and him not being able to get checked out by teams should drop him.
I think someone would love the potential in the back of rd 2, but he could slide.

20 minutes ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Who has a better chance of falling into the 3rd round, Shenault or Aiyuk?

Probably Aiyuk IMO.

I did a few TDN mocks this morning, each of them had us taking:

Fulton
Shenault
Dye

as our first three picks.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Probably Aiyuk IMO.

I did a few TDN mocks this morning, each of them had us taking:

Fulton
Shenault
Dye

as our first three picks.

I think NFL teams will like Aiyuk a lot. I think he goes early 2nd with a possibility if late 1st.

56 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Kenny Robinson S from WVU would be a nice selection. He's one of the few safeties who is skilled in playing single high. Be nice to develop him under Rodney for a couple years, and have him take over FS in 2022.

and he played damn good in the XFL. I think he's one of the more underrated guys in the draft but I also think the lack of interviews/interactions and limited '19 tape will hurt his stock.