2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

37 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

He’s an interesting guy. Did he pop at the Senior Bowl? I didn’t watch any of the practices beyond Kinlaw destroying everyone that first day.
Weird how a couple draft people bring up him playing Will. Where do you think he fits in our scheme? 

I’m not sure what The injuries were but he missed half of last season and all but one game his RS Sophomore year. 

He’s a couple years older than the other two. McKinney will be like 26 after his 5 year contract (Delpit, 27), Dugger will be 30 at the end of his 4 year one. Which I think is a knock.

24 year old rookie from a school nobody ever heard of is probably a knock. He popped a bit during the game, mostly for his tackling. Everytime he touched someone, they went down. Think he was pretty solid in coverage too. The age is what will allow us to get him in the 3rd, otherwise he's a 2nd rounder from what I've seen and read. Supposedly he should have a very good combine. In our scheme he's the 3rd safety ala sendejo, then he takes over for Jenkins in a year or two, assuming he develops. 

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

24 year old rookie from a school nobody ever heard of is probably a knock. He popped a bit during the game, mostly for his tackling. Everytime he touched someone, they went down. Think he was pretty solid in coverage too. The age is what will allow us to get him in the 3rd, otherwise he's a 2nd rounder from what I've seen and read. Supposedly he should have a very good combine. In our scheme he's the 3rd safety ala sendejo, then he takes over for Jenkins in a year or two, assuming he develops. 

Yeah if we could get him later that changes things. 
Ok cool thanks, That was my read on reports of what to do with him, wasn’t sure. I have to watch him, seems like an interesting prospect.

On 2/14/2020 at 1:05 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So this OT class is insanely deep? Just our luck, imagine how different things would be if we took Hollywood, Deebo, even Hardman w/ our 1st. Would mean no JJAW too, double bonus. 

I like Dillard, but he didn't really contribute to our 2019 campaign much (not that he was expected too), his 300 snaps likely could have been matched in quality by a vet off the streets. Meanwhile one of those aforementioned WRs really could have changed our entire season and future outlook. I don't like Dillard so much that I wouldn't be willing to go with one of these 2020 OTs instead if it meant already being pretty secure at WR. Plus in this hypothetical we could retain Peters and still give our OT 1 year to learn. Damn, oh well.

Beginning to see a lot more people have us taking Shenault. His injuries scare me, is he really worth the risk? Last thing we need is another injury riddled WR. If it was just 1 injury he made a full recovery from that'd be one thing, but he was missing games in college for a variety of smaller injuries. 

Dilliard could be great, not just serviceable, not just good, not even very good.
His upside is great.
That move was deft.

Even if Roseman blows the next two drafts, (Howie) people will probably look back and say, "Yeah, but what about Dillard?"
He could be that good.

The marginal difference between what the Eagles could have had pales in comparison.
Now, it all may not work out that way, but the best play was made.

If you want something else, get it this year.
The Eagles needed more than a 600-800 yard receiver with 3-6 TD's to advance last year.

If the OT class is deep as mentioned then the Eagles should be able to nab a decent third tackle later.
That is what they will probably need.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I’ve heard of that school so there goes your logic....haha 

On 2/14/2020 at 1:05 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So this OT class is insanely deep? Just our luck, imagine how different things would be if we took Hollywood, Deebo, even Hardman w/ our 1st. Would mean no JJAW too, double bonus. 

I like Dillard, but he didn't really contribute to our 2019 campaign much (not that he was expected too), his 300 snaps likely could have been matched in quality by a vet off the streets. Meanwhile one of those aforementioned WRs really could have changed our entire season and future outlook. I don't like Dillard so much that I wouldn't be willing to go with one of these 2020 OTs instead if it meant already being pretty secure at WR. Plus in this hypothetical we could retain Peters and still give our OT 1 year to learn. Damn, oh well.

Beginning to see a lot more people have us taking Shenault. His injuries scare me, is he really worth the risk? Last thing we need is another injury riddled WR. If it was just 1 injury he made a full recovery from that'd be one thing, but he was missing games in college for a variety of smaller injuries. 

“We should have drafted Hollywood Brown”

”Can’t draft Shenault ‘cause injuries”

1fa.jpg

Saw Ben Solak’s big board, thought it was interesting.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-draft-rankings-positional-big-board-2020-solak

Wow Mims in the top 32, I’ve liked him a lot for awhile. Really have no idea why he was always in the 5th round range for so long besides people just didn’t watch him. Hoping he’ll still be there in the 2nd. 

Gross-Matos & Aiyuk are way down there. Gross-Matos’ value is all over the place analyst to analyst.

34 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/nfl-draft-rankings-positional-big-board-2020-solak

Wow Mims in the top 32, I’ve liked him a lot for awhile. Really have no idea why he was always in the 5th round range for so long besides people just didn’t watch him. Hoping he’ll still be there in the 2nd. 

Gross-Matos & Aiyuk are way down there. Gross-Matos’ value is all over the place analyst to analyst.

YGM is on par with Clelin Ferrell IMO (No not where the Raiders took him at)

YGM needs to learn to use his hands better and do the midplay tussle, but he's incredibly versatile. He's similar to Ziggy Ansah.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Ben is super high on j.k dobbins. 

FA
CB Byron Jones
CB Darqueze Dennard 
S Karl Joseph 
LB Nick Kwiatkowski 

Trades
Bradham + 2#53 to ATL for 2#47
1#21 + 2021 2nd to TB for 1#14

Draft
1 (From TB) Javon Kinlaw DT
2 (From ATL) Jalen Reagor WR
3 Kyle Dugger S
3 Antonio Gandy-Golden WR
4 David Woodward LB
4 Ben Bartch OT
4 Alex Highsmith DE
5 Michael Onwenu OG
6 James Morgan QB

UDFA
James Robinson RB
Thakarius Keyes CB
Dante Olson LB

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

FA
CB Byron Jones
CB Darqueze Dennard 
S Karl Joseph 
LB Nick Kwiatkowski 

Trades
Bradham + 2#53 to ATL for 2#47
1#21 + 2021 2nd to TB for 1#14

Draft
1 (From TB) Javon Kinlaw DT
2 (From ATL) Jalen Reagor WR
3 Kyle Dugger S
3 Antonio Gandy-Golden WR
4 David Woodward LB
4 Ben Bartch OT
4 Alex Highsmith DE
5 Michael Onwenu OG
6 James Morgan QB

UDFA
James Robinson RB
Thakarius Keyes CB
Dante Olson LB

I think what you project Gandy-Golden to be is what the Eagles projected JJAW to be last April.  They would compete for the same roster spot; my guess is you’re ready to make an upgrade there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, babyatemydingo said:

Dilliard could be great, not just serviceable, not just good, not even very good.
His upside is great.
That move was deft.

Even if Roseman blows the next two drafts, (Howie) people will probably look back and say, "Yeah, but what about Dillard?"
He could be that good.

What makes you so high on him? Anything he did in 2019 or just from what you saw of him at WSU?

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Not saying we can't draft him, but is it not a legit concern, especially in such a deep WR draft?

It just doesn’t make sense that you are dogging the Eagles for passing on an injured WR last year and then turn around, in the same post, and say that we shouldn’t draft a WR with less injury concerns this year. 

make up your mind brah lol 

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It just doesn’t make sense that you are dogging the Eagles for passing on an injured WR last year and then turn around, in the same post, and say that we shouldn’t draft a WR with less injury concerns this year. 

make up your mind brah lol 

I didn't know Brown was injured. So make it just Deebo and Hardman. I thought it was clear brah lol

Not dogging Roseman btw, more of a perfect world "what could have been" observation, although that's only if you don't consider Dillard any better than the 3-5 ranked OTs in this draft. 

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

6 hours ago, TDTimes said:

I think what you project Gandy-Golden to be is what the Eagles projected JJAW to be last April.  They would compete for the same roster spot; my guess is you’re ready to make an upgrade there.

Once we move on from Alshon we'll definitely have a spot for both. D Jax/Reagor/GG/JJ/Ward, ideally with JJ as WR5 because I think he's hot garbage that will need to be replaced in a year, along with D Jax due to age and injury concerns.