2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't think we'll be drafting high enough to get him.

He isn't Isaiah Simmons, but top 10 seems probably. Probably Devin White level prospect.

So he's potentially a future Redskin or Giant. More likely a Giant, since the Skins will draft top 5 and the Giants will be between 8 and 12.

Edited by Jeezla

20 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

So he's potentially a future Redskin or Giant. More likely a Giant, since the Skins will draft top 5 and the Giants will be between 8 and 12.

I think the Skins are probably further along as long as Haskins doesn't blow. The Giants OL and Defense sucks.

But yeah the both would probably be interested. If the Chargers are bluffing and will take Herbert or Tua, I think he'd be a good pick for them. They just released Thomas Davis, who was their one consistent LB in that scheme. As long as they don't really replace him in the draft, Micah would be great there next year.

I'd love to have him though. Wish we could change our "Lbs don't matter" to "Well, we should have one great LB"

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think the Skins are probably further along as long as Haskins doesn't blow. The Giants OL and Defense sucks.

But yeah the both would probably be interested. If the Chargers are bluffing and will take Herbert or Tua, I think he'd be a good pick for them. They just released Thomas Davis, who was their one consistent LB in that scheme. As long as they don't really replace him in the draft, Micah would be great there next year.

I'd love to have him though. Wish we could change our "Lbs don't matter" to "Well, we should have one great LB"

I won't say "they don't matter" but my stance has been and will remain "LBs are the RB of the defense."

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

I won't say "they don't matter" but my stance has been and will remain "LBs are the RB of the defense."

Yet the only time we won a SB, we had 1 good one at MLB and 2 above average ones at OLB.

There's almost always one LB on the field, usually 2, and they normally call out the defensive adjustments. It helps to have a good one.

Edited by Jeezla

13 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't think the two statements are mutually exclusive.

When SEA was a SB favorite/winner, they had Wagner and Wright in their primes
When SF was a SB favorite, they had Willis and Bowman
NE almost always had good LB's
The Broncos SB team had Trevathan.

Outside of the Giants and Mahomes, pretty much every SB winner in the last 10 years had a good MLB or ILB

Edited by Jeezla

I like Darrynton Evans as a #2 HR hitting RB

I like Akers as a co#1. Him and Sanders together would be a nice duo, with Boston as the 3rd man. 

Antonio Gibson is very intriguing as a RB. Could be a bigger/better Jerick McKinnon. Don't really like him as a WR despite his size (He's the same size as Laviska) and speed. His routes are garbage.

Edited by Jeezla

10 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I like Darrynton Evans as a #2 HR hitting RB

I like Akers as a co#1. Him and Sanders together would be a nice duo, with Boston as the 3rd man. 

Antonio Gibson is very intriguing as a RB. Could be a bigger/better Jerick McKinnon. Don't really like him as a WR despite his size (He's the same size as Laviska) and speed. His routes are garbage.

I love Cam Akers - could actually see him going in the first round.

I really like CEH, Perine and James Robinson as potential backups to Sanders. 

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I love Cam Akers - could actually see him going in the first round.

I really like CEH, Perine and James Robinson as potential backups to Sanders. 

Akers won't get drafted over Taylor or Swift, and there's a good chance none of them go in the 1st

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Akers won't get drafted over Taylor or Swift, and there's a good chance none of them go in the 1st

I think he's better then both - just got stuck in a much worse situation then either of them. He never really got to showcase what he can do on a consistent basis.