2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Trading with the Broncos 15 and 95 for 21 and 53 to draft Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs. You do it? 

Would hurt to miss out on some of the guys who might be there at 53

but we need a WR1. Wentz would love Jeudy, he seems to prefer guys with quick route running abilities. Where he can rely on them being there. That’s why Ertz is so trusted and jump ball guys (Alshon) and guys with concentration problems (nelly) aren’t.

So yeah if I can get one of them, do it. 

If you get more into the granular details like who’s on the board, maybe no tho. Like is a Mims + Aiyuk/Hamler/a falling Shenault not a better way to go? 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Would hurt to miss out on some of the guys who might be there at 53

but we need a WR1. Wentz would love Jeudy, he seems to prefer guys with quick route running abilities. Where he can rely on them being there. That’s why Ertz is so trusted and jump ball guys (Alshon) and guys with concentration problems (nelly) aren’t.

So yeah if I can get one of them, do it. 

If you get more into the granular details like who’s on the board, maybe no tho. Like is a Mims + Aiyuk/Hamler/a falling Shenault not a better way to go? 

I keep getting the feeling there is going to be a serious run on WR's between 22 and 53 and if you just say "meh I'll get one at 53" you'll be holding the bag. Or you are reaching for 1 at 21. I'd be also ok with trading back and picking one or trading back and grabbing a S or CB and then using the extra capital to trade up to get you WR at the top of the 2nd, but I think I am mostly feeling like why play around and just go up and get one of the elite 3.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I keep getting the feeling there is going to be a serious run on WR's between 22 and 53 and if you just say "meh I'll get one at 53" you'll be holding the bag. Or you are reaching for 1 at 21. I'd be also ok with trading back and picking one or trading back and grabbing a S or CB and then using the extra capital to trade up to get you WR at the top of the 2nd, but I think I am mostly feeling like why play around and just go up and get one of the elite 3.

At this point I don’t see Mims or Reagor as a reach per se. Yeah it’d be nice to move down 5/6 spots...pick up a 3rd. But you risk losing them. Depends on the board I guess. If the Saints, Pats and Dolphins all want Jordan Love and he’s sitting there, milk them for all they are worth.

I wonder if Joe Douglas would take #21 + 2021 2nd + and a player like Matt Pryor to move up to #11.
We should have our pick of the 3 then

I'm really really feeling staying put and taking Reagor, Aiyuk, or Jefferson, OR trading back a bit, recouping a 3rd or so, and taking those guys, or somebody in that tier ala Hamler, Mims, Higgins (meh), Shenault ( super meh). I am pretty against trading up after the Slay deal. My most confident opinion is that: the receiver prospects mentioned above will all be gone by 53. I think if we wait that long, we'll be stuck choosing from guys like KJ Hill, Van Jefferson, DPJ, Claypool, Pittman and you know the names. That's my take. I'm over FA and ready for the draft.

The more I see Aiyuk the more I get an Agholor vibe. Maybe that is just me. I'm out on him in Round 1. Hamler and Higgins I'm out on in Round 1

I friggin love Shenault but the injury big scares me especially without the team being able to really study him predraft

Justin Jefferson is low ceiling high floor and I would like a higher ceiling from this class.

Reagor I like but 21 feels like such a reach especially if players like McKinney or Queen are sitting there.

Mims would likely be the guy for me but I would be concerned he is more of an offseason wonder.

I'd rather not be cheap and just go get one of the big 3

Edited by EaglesPeteC
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The more I see Aiyuk the more I get an Agholor vibe. Maybe that is just me.

I friggin love Shenault but the injury big scares me especially without the team being able to really study him predraft

Justin Jefferson is low ceiling low floor and I would like a higher ceiling from this class.

Mims would likely be the guy for me but I would be concerned he is more of an offseason wonder.

I really like Aiyuk. DJ loving him gives me added comfort. Solak loves Laviska, which makes me like him a little bit more than I would. Jefferson has a high floor, he's the safety net. Mims worries me for the same reasons, but I wouldn't be upset taking a shot on him. I really don't want to trade up man. We can't have like 16 picks through 3 drafts guys.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'm really really feeling staying put and taking Reagor, Aiyuk, or Jefferson, OR trading back a bit, recouping a 3rd or so, and taking those guys, or somebody in that tier ala Hamler, Mims, Higgins (meh), Shenault ( super meh). I am pretty against trading up after the Slay deal. My most confident opinion is that: the receiver prospects mentioned above will all be gone by 53. I think if we wait that long, we'll be stuck choosing from guys like KJ Hill, Van Jefferson, DPJ, Claypool, Pittman and you know the names. That's my take. I'm over FA and ready for the draft.

I think, Higgins and that bottom list have a chance to be there at #53. Hamler probably should but speed is a scarcity...so he’ll go higher. Aiyuk probably goes before ya too. Shenault some team is gonna love and take in the top 40s. Seems like a Saints kinda guy prospect. 

If the Saints and Pats ring us, Jordan Love is on the board. Yeah then let’s slide back a couple. Get at least a 3rd + and still get our guy most likely. 

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I really like Aiyuk. DJ loving him gives me added comfort. Solak loves Laviska, which makes me like him a little bit more than I would. Jefferson has a high floor, he's the safety net. Mims worries me for the same reasons, but I wouldn't be upset taking a shot on him. I really don't want to trade up man. We can't have like 16 picks through 3 drafts guys.

I mean the trade scenario I laid out you dont lose picks, just move back a round.

Trade up with Denver at 15 and get 95 back and give up 21 and 53

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I mean the trade scenario I laid out you dont lose picks, just move back a round.

Trade up with Denver at 15 and get 95 back and give up 21 and 53

I'd want to kill myself waiting from 15 till 95 watching about 50 guys I like come off the board. I am so ready for this draft though.

6 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The more I see Aiyuk the more I get an Agholor vibe. Maybe that is just me. I'm out on him in Round 1. Hamler and Higgins I'm out on in Round 1

Justin Jefferson is low ceiling high floor and I would like a higher ceiling from this class.

Reagor I like but 21 feels like such a reach especially if players like McKinney or Queen are sitting there.

Yeah I’ve been out on those guys in the 1st too.

Jefferson seems like the consolation prize we get if Howie decides to get cute and move to far back. Like he’ll be fine but just want more.

Reagor is definitely more of a reach. Don’t love it or him. But I can see the potential at least. I’d understand it.

Mims has done his thing in college, what sucks is how simple that Baylor staff was in using him. He showed off way for stuff at the senior bowl and at an elite level which makes me lean on bad coaching over him being a guy who can’t do it.

We get one of the top 3, I truly don’t care how much it costs (within reason) 

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think, Higgins and that bottom list have a chance to be there at #53. Hamler probably should but speed is a scarcity...so he’ll go higher. Aiyuk probably goes before ya too. Shenault some team is gonna love and take in the top 40s. Seems like a Saints kinda guy prospect. 

If the Saints and Pats ring us, Jordan Love is on the board. Yeah then let’s slide back a couple. Get at least a 3rd + and still get our guy most likely. 

I'd take Higgins over all those dudes at the bottom of my post. If we ended up with any of those bottom guys as our big WR pick I'd be supremely disappointed. Any of the guys from the top list and I'd be stoked.

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd want to kill myself waiting from 15 till 95 watching about 50 guys I like come off the board. I am so ready for this draft though.

I'd want to kill myself if we look back and see another draft where other teams get players like Mike Evans, OBJ and Brandin Cooks and we get......Jordan Matthews....lol

I'll wait the 50 picks thank you

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I'd want to kill myself if we look back and see another draft where other teams get players like Mike Evans, OBJ and Brandin Cooks and we get......Jordan Matthews....lol

I'll wait the 50 picks thank you

I just don't think it's big 3 or bust like you seem to. Fair enough though. Gimme one of those top 8 or so guys and I'm happy. They all have tools to work with. JMatt was a solid receiver but over drafted for what he was.