2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Why has Mims been so low for so long, thats what I dont get

I like his game more than some of the "top guys" people have had

I haven't watched a ton of him but I think I remember reading he's got some drop issues. That's a big red flag for me after watching this team this past season. 

3 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I haven't watched a ton of him but I think I remember reading he's got some drop issues. That's a big red flag for me after watching this team this past season. 

Can he at least track a deep ball? (Something Nelson Agholor couldn't do either)

45 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I’ll have to go back and watch more, but I think I remember a couple months ago that he seemed to pluck it pretty good.

This WR class really is hella deep...I think I’m in the get BPA camp other than WR round 1. We are likely gonna miss out on the top guys, so let’s get a Safety, CB (though the top 2 will be gone) or Kinlaw. If moving in front of Dallas to get Fulton or Kinlaw is what you gotta do...so be it.

47 minutes ago, Danger said:

Can he at least track a deep ball? (Something Nelson Agholor couldn't do either)

Seems to do it pretty well, honestly rewatching him now...the only thing I see that his glaring is he needs to add strength to get through press.

Does TDN every include the comp picks in their mock game?

21 C.J. Henderson, CB Florida

53 Antoine Winfield Jr., S Minnesota

85 Devin Duvernay, WR Texas

117 Van Jefferson, WR Florida

148 Jonathan Garvin, EDGE Miami

150 Shaquille Quarterman, LB Miami

170 A.J. Dillon, RB Boston College

6 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Does TDN every include the comp picks in their mock game?

21 C.J. Henderson, CB Florida

53 Antoine Winfield Jr., S Minnesota

85 Devin Duvernay, WR Texas

117 Van Jefferson, WR Florida

148 Jonathan Garvin, EDGE Miami

150 Shaquille Quarterman, LB Miami

170 A.J. Dillon, RB Boston College

Not until their officially announced.

idk man. Henderson and Duvernay would both be disappointing picks.

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Not until their officially announced.

idk man. Henderson and Duvernay would both be disappointing picks.

I agree that Duvernay isn't what I like personally but it came out of necessity. I was looking for a slot/Z WR and my choices were limited. I know he has some return ability which put him ahead of some of the other WRs with the same skillset. The names Reagor, Hamler were gone around or before the Winfield pick. Aiyuk was gone before Duvernay. A lot of big body X type WRs in this draft. Surprised Van was available in the 4th. 

I continue to think Howie will go CB early because the WR position is deep and because of the pending FA situation he has. No way he's going to or nor should he create a situation where Sidney/Douglas aren't competing. Can he bring back Mills or Darby maybe, does he want to? I can see Mills coming back on a 1-2 year deal team friendly. 

I think if there's someone the FO covets they will have to move some picks in order to get into position. We are pretty handcuffed in mocking rounds 1-3 unless you pull a Jeezla and just trade a little bit of everything. 

Just now, nlesthought said:

I agree that Duvernay isn't what I like personally but it came out of necessity. I was looking for a slot/Z WR and my choices were limited. I know he has some return ability which put him ahead of some of the other WRs with the same skillset. The names Reagor, Hamler were gone around or before the Winfield pick. Aiyuk was gone before Duvernay. A lot of big body X type WRs in this draft. Surprised Van was available in the 4th. 

I continue to think Howie will go CB early because the WR position is deep and because of the pending FA situation he has. No way he's going to or nor should he create a situation where Sidney/Douglas aren't competing. Can he bring back Mills or Darby maybe, does he want to? I can see Mills coming back on a 1-2 year deal team friendly. 

I think if there's someone the FO covets they will have to move some picks in order to get into position. We are pretty handcuffed in mocking rounds 1-3 unless you pull a Jeezla and just trade a little bit of everything. 

I mean at this point unless we're getting someone super electric. I'm fine with us having Greg Ward as our slot guy. I don't care which WR position so much is upgraded. But Duvernay is a real reach there at point. 

Personally, I'm of the philosophy that we take the BPA that is WR/CB/EDGE in round 1. Most of the time in the sims I've done that ends up being Tee Higgins. Usually then go CB in round 2, which sometimes it's Gladney, but lately it's been more Bryce Hall. (Not interested in Damon Arnette)

21. Tee Higgins, WR
53. AJ Terrell, CB
85. Bradlee Anae, EDGE
117. David Woodward, LB
148. Van Jefferson, WR
150. Lamical Perine, RB
170. Reggie Floyd, S

Honestly the thing I've been noticing a lot lately is that a lot of the safety prospects after Xavier McKinney and Antonie Winfield Jr are frankly pretty underwhelming in this draft. Weak class for Safety as a whole. 

I really like Anae and Woodward, though I'm starting to doubt Woodward will last that long given recent rumblings.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I mean at this point unless we're getting someone super electric. I'm fine with us having Greg Ward as our slot guy. I don't care which WR position so much is upgraded. But Duvernay is a real reach there at point. 

Personally, I'm of the philosophy that we take the BPA that is WR/CB/EDGE in round 1. Most of the time in the sims I've done that ends up being Tee Higgins. Usually then go CB in round 2, which sometimes it's Gladney, but lately it's been more Bryce Hall. (Not interested in Damon Arnette)

So you are waiting for safety or thinking we would resign none, 1 or both? 

I know safety WAS a hard position for us to draft when they were more interchangeable. I think we have moved away from that approach and have a true CF guy and a box guy. When we saw McCloud near the LOS it was because we had Epps playing CF. 

In previous mocks I grabbed a tweener nickel safety like Shyheim Carter who can be considered a slot corner. In this mock I grabbed what I thought was a Jenkins clone. Just because at some point we will have to replace him and this kid Winfield could play year 1  

5 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

So you are waiting for safety or thinking we would resign none, 1 or both? 

I know safety WAS a hard position for us to draft when they were more interchangeable. I think we have moved away from that approach and have a true CF guy and a box guy. When we saw McCloud near the LOS it was because we had Epps playing CF. 

In previous mocks I grabbed a tweener nickel safety like Shyheim Carter who can be considered a slot corner. In this mock I grabbed what I thought was a Jenkins clone. Just because at some point we will have to replace him and this kid Winfield could play year 1  

I think McLeod will be back next season without a doubt. We'll probably retain Epps and go after someone in Free Agency is we don't work something out that works for both sides with Malcolm.