2020 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

TheRealMcCoy

tl;dr Unless we take McKinney in Round 1 (Would be a reach IMO) or Antoine Winfield Jr. in round 2. There's just almost never a time where taking a Safety is good value in this draft as near as I can tell. Of course that's not factoring in the 3rd and 4th round comp picks we'll have. So perhaps that will change things.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

21. Tee Higgins, WR
53. AJ Terrell, CB
85. Bradlee Anae, EDGE
117. David Woodward, LB
148. Van Jefferson, WR
150. Lamical Perine, RB
170. Reggie Floyd, S

Honestly the thing I've been noticing a lot lately is that a lot of the safety prospects after Xavier McKinney and Antonie Winfield Jr are frankly pretty underwhelming in this draft. Weak class for Safety as a whole. 

I really like Anae and Woodward, though I'm starting to doubt Woodward will last that long given recent rumblings.

Anae reminds me of BG motor, undersized, no bend without the tenacity. 

Woodward is Gerry-like. Upgrade IDK perhaps. 

Give me this (The Senior Bowl All Stars and a couple of underclassmen)
1 Neville Gallimore DT or Ross Blacklock DT
2 Denzel Mims WR
3 David Woodward LB
3 Kyle Dugger S
4 Van Jefferson WR
4 Ben Bartch OT or Ezra Cleveland OT or Cesar Ruiz C/OG
4 Noah Igbinoghene CB
5 Trevis Gipson DE
5 Stanford Samuels III CB
5 Logan Wilson LB
6 McTelvin Agim DT or Michael Onwenu OG

7 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Woodward has a way better football iq and instincts. 

And just better at everything in general than Gerry. Woodward = Gerry is the laziest and worst comp I've seen in some time. Shame on NLES. 

Akeem Davis-Gaither is sort of like Gerry, but he too is better at just about everything.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

I like Mims but... the 2nd round, I dunno bro

He probably going to run between 4.38 and 4.42, runs good routes, has nice size, has some yac ability, and can catch in traffic. That's a round 2 WR. You've just been spoiled by Mock Draft Generators letting you take him in the 5th. And I guarantee you would have said 2nd round was too early for McLaurin last year at this time too.

Edited by Jeezla

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/miles-boykin

Miles Boykin was very impressive last year but he was around late in the 3rd.

Didn't have anywhere near the production Mims had, and wasn't half the route runner. Similar Catch in traffic skills, height, jumping ability, and straight line speed, but that's where their similarities end, imo. Mims is a better route runner right now then Boykin is with a year of NFL coaching, and considerably less stiff when it comes to change of direction.

Edited by Jeezla

4 hours ago, Danger said:

I like Mims but... the 2nd round, I dunno bro

I think we’re gonna see a lot of these guys come off the board before pick 64

There is a set of WRs who all seem primed to follow last years batch and contribute next year.

Ruggs, CeeDee, Jeudy, Reagor, Mims, Aiyuk, Hamler, Jefferson.

I think Shenault will with a good offensive minded coach. Jeudy Im not in love with but he’s good enough in many parts of his games I think he becomes an Amari Cooper...an technical executioner of scheme. But not a big believer in Jeudy enforcing any sort of will...does he want to?

But anyway... That larger list are all guys who I see as coming in and being self-starters. Either great speed, agility or ability to get open. A guy like Tee Higgins, who’s in that next group might seem nice...but doesn’t use their tools to win. They need coaching. And I’m done waiting on a WR coach to come in... stick and develop guys. We might piss away Carson’s whole career waiting for that. After already pissing away the last franchise QB’s entire career for the most part.

I think Ruggs is gone...same with CeeDee. I think the Raiders will take Jeudy somewhere before us too. This is the big reason why I’m thinking we aren’t going WR round one. Those guys, all the OTs and QBs going in the top 20...DTs will drop, DBs will drop. Both aren’t shallow in talent this draft, but way less numbers than the WRs. So go get a blue chipper, a Fulton/Kinlaw/Delpit/McKinney. Maybe they love me of these edges...sure as hell need edge speed. Lot of those edges are under weight. So you let them be a 3rd guy as they bulk up, then in 2021 they start transitioning BG to be that 3rd guy. He’s said he wants to do that soon. 

After we pick I think we’ll see a couple of those guys...like Reagor & Aiyuk go into the end of the first. So we’ll have to get one in the 2nd. Maybe even we trade up to get the one we want. 

41 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Feels like we're gonna have to trade up in the first and second to really get the guys we want. Honestly seems like that every year.

I feel like 21 is a good spot. Someone who we need and want will fall to us I believe. Lots of good WR's and Secondary players in that range it looks like. But you never really know.

The 2nd round you might be right. Getting an impact 2nd round pick might take a trade up. For example if we go Diggs or McKinney or something in the 1st, we'd have to trade up to get that quality WR like Hamler, Aiuyk or Reagor in Round 2. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DeSean Jackson said:

Woodward has a way better football iq and instincts. 

12 hours ago, Jeezla said:

And just better at everything in general than Gerry. Woodward = Gerry is the laziest and worst comp I've seen in some time. Shame on NLES. 

Akeem Davis-Gaither is sort of like Gerry, but he too is better at just about everything.

Nathan Gerry via BR 2017

A three-year starter with a linebacker mindset in a strong safety's body, Nathan Gerry has top-notch pre-snap IQ and incredible effort post snap, giving every ounce of energy to get to the ball A three-year starter with a linebacker mindset in a strong safety's body, Nathan Gerry has top-notch pre-snap IQ and incredible effort post snap, giving every ounce of energy to get to the ball

Gerry is a limited athlete who lives on recognition and anticipation over speed and quickness. 

David Woodward via TDN

He’s tough and physical against the run. He is a downhill LB that has good tackling efficiency in the box. He plays with good pop and can uncoil his hips at the point of attack. Not a great athlete in space but can drop sufficiently and defend the pass. Plays with good instincts with regards to his run fits. “Try hard”, high effort player with limited athletic ability but displays very good competitiveness. Projects with good upside as a core special teamer.

I'm not the only one who see similar aspects to their game...Yes you can find other reports that may slightly differ hell our staff says Gerry has range all over the field. I don't see the FO using a draft pick on a WLB. We have Gerry, Duke Riley and Alex Singleton for at least another year. I can see a Mike LB being brought in via FA or draft not so sure the staff seems to really like Nate.