2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm saying a 6'1 230 athlete running in the 4.4s or better is going top 20. Gutey is going to be rooting for a mid 4.5s run. We don't have ammo to move up for a WR. That's just not good practice. If he falls down to 30 fantastic, but we'll need to root against him Thursday for that to happen.

Now who could we enlist to root against a WR performing well enough on Thursday to be taken in the first round? Who could that possibly be? He the Major "Mojo-domo" of the board?  :)

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He's a rare dude that's for sure. Better hope he runs a 4.5 or there's no chance.

If he runs a 4.5 we probably should think twice. We need speed and shiftiness at WR. We really don't have that at WR right now. 

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Looking over the tackle class. Very few issues with hand size or arm length. No Bulaga's out there that you'll have to hear all draft season need to move to guard.

All those guys are Day 3 guys at the moment. I strongly feel we find another Bakh in the 4th with the runs that will happen on other positions that lack depth, such as 5-tech DL for example. I also suspect we can get someone at WR in the 3rd that can have a Terry McLaurin-esque season with more production.

43 minutes ago, Slinky said:

I agree. But I'm hearing Gute and Co. are in LOVE with Shenault.

38 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Which means they aren't.

Don't be so sure of that. It was very obvious that we were going to draft Sternberger in the 3rd last year.

40 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm saying a 6'1 230 athlete running in the 4.4s or better is going top 20. Gutey is going to be rooting for a mid 4.5s run. We don't have ammo to move up for a WR. That's just not good practice. If he falls down to 30 fantastic, but we'll need to root against him Thursday for that to happen.

Even if we did, I wouldn't want to see it because I also strongly feel that someone who is worth our time can be had on Day 2 and make an instant impact.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I'm hoping injury concerns with Shenault will allow him to slide to 30. I remember reading somewhere he had a knee issue. Does anyone know?

It's a groin injury and the latest news was that he didn't need surgery but it is described as "nagging".

• Like 1

Matt Schneidman -  Packers HC Matt LaFleur on Aaron Jones/Jamaal Williams rotation: “I think we’re gonna need a third guy to put into that mix moving forward.”

• Andy Herman - Have been saying this as well. A sneaky important need this offseason. Jones/Williams in last years of their deals and the drop off from Jones to Williams is significant from a playmaking standpoint. Now’s the time to address it!

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -  Packers HC Matt LaFleur on Aaron Jones/Jamaal Williams rotation: “I think we’re gonna need a third guy to put into that mix moving forward.”

• Andy Herman - Have been saying this as well. A sneaky important need this offseason. Jones/Williams in last years of their deals and the drop off from Jones to Williams is significant from a playmaking standpoint. Now’s the time to address it!

(Eno Benjamin in the 4th)

8 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

(Eno Benjamin in the 4th)

TDN's take on Eno Benjamin :

• Class Junior
  • Conf Pac-12 - South
  • Jersey#3
  • HT5'9"
  • DOB04/12/1999
  • WT195 lbs
  • 7th ranked RB and 71st overall prospect

BEST TRAIT - Body Control
WORST TRAIT - Pace
RED FLAGS - None
NFL COMP - Paul Perkins

Eno Benjamin is a fun player to watch. He strings together dynamic moves with exceptional control of his frame. He’s highly competitive and while not being the most powerful runner, accelerates his feet through contact and grinds out tough yardage. His ability to wiggle and slip out of tackles is exciting and his projection to catching the football out of the backfield at the next level is favorable. I do have some concerns about his pace, vision and decision making that could get in the way of him claiming a feature role in the NFL like he has in high school and college. In addition, he has to make significant improvements in pass protection or that will limit his utilization in the NFL. Benjamin is likely a relief back that gets chances to catch the football and is used on gap runs.