2020 NFL Draft Discussion

CWood21

40 minutes ago, SAM said:

All I'm saying is when GB picked Jenkins, a Center, at #44, A.J. Brown, Parris Campbell, and DK Metcalf were on the Board. All three were highly productive in Collige, and Freekish big Athletes for WR..

What’s your point?

3 hours ago, deathstar said:

What’s your point?

IMHO GB should have taken a skill player at #44 instead of an interior linemen. 

Edited by SAM

4 hours ago, SAM said:

IMHO GB should have taken a skill player at #44 instead of an interior linemen. 

They drafted 3 skill players last year, 2 of which looked pretty good. Their interior OL was not too good at pass blocking... why would they draft another WR skill player?

I would not be surprised if, internally, Green Bay had a better grade on J'Mon than A.J. Brown, a better grade on MVS or ESB than Metcalf, and didn't see Paris Campbell as a scheme fit (he's a guy you have to manufacture touches for, IMO.)

Edited by PossibleCabbage

13 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I would not be surprised if, internally, Green Bay had a better grade on J'Mon than A.J. Brown, a better grade on MVS or ESB than Metcalf, and didn't see Paris Campbell as a scheme fit (he's a guy you have to manufacture touches for, IMO.)

I suspect that GB had a better grade on any WR they had graded than Metcalf. 

Can't see this org making a commitment to a guy with a neck injury like his. This org will politely take care of, and then move on from, players with neck injuries they're already committed to.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I suspect that GB had a better grade on any WR they had graded than Metcalf. 

I would not doubt that there are teams which had Metcalf off their boards entirely purely for Medical, and Green Bay is likely one of the most conservative teams when it comes to neck/spine injuries (in part this is bad luck, but I mean... Sam Shields is still playing.)

18 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I would not doubt that there are teams which had Metcalf off their boards entirely purely for Medical, and Green Bay is likely one of the most conservative teams when it comes to neck/spine injuries (in part this is bad luck, but I mean... Sam Shields is still playing.)

This all came out when Sean Richardson got hurt, there's a cutoff for where on the neck the injury occurred with the Packers medical staff. If it's above that point it's a green light (provided the surgery went well) below it's a red. We'll never know where Metcalf's was but it would depend on that as to whether he was on our board.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This all came out when Sean Richardson got hurt, there's a cutoff for where on the neck the injury occurred with the Packers medical staff. If it's above that point it's a green light (provided the surgery went well) below it's a red. We'll never know where Metcalf's was but it would depend on that as to whether he was on our board.

I thought it was less about the location on the back and more about the narrowing of the spinal column at the injury point. Distinctly possible I'm misremembering though.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:04 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

We got a Kelly Bryant from Clemson, so QB isn't dire.  

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article229387349.html

Okwuegbunam has battled a shoulder injury since MU’s upset win over No. 13 Florida on Nov. 3, which also played a factor in his reasoning. He missed the last four games of the season and was limited throughout spring practices while he rehabbed. Neither he nor Missouri have publicly commented on the specifics of his injury.

Mizzou coach Barry Odom said Okwuegbunam’s draft decision would have been harder had he been healthy last season. His size, pass-catching ability and speed — he claims to run a 4.50-second 40-yard dash, elite for the position — would have had scouts salivating. But the injury and depth of the position in this year’s draft posed major hurdles. Now, if all goes well, Okwuegbunam could be the top tight end in next year’s draft. At MU’s recent pro day, football super-agents Jimmy Sexton and Tom Condon of CAA both went out of their way to introduce themselves to Okwuegbunam, in hopes of representing him next year.

You are in for a rude awakening if you think Kelly Bryant is going to be much of a passer.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:18 PM, MantyWrestler said:

They drafted 3 skill players last year, 2 of which looked pretty good. Their interior OL was not too good at pass blocking... why would they draft another WR skill player?

All i'm saying is WR or CB have more value than G or C. Still not sure  who will be the Slot, and King's health is in question. Greedy Williams was on the board as well as  some big fast WR like AJ Brown, Parris Campbell, and DK Metcalf. If they picked a LT that would be different. 

1 hour ago, SAM said:

All i'm saying is WR or CB have more value than G or C. Still not sure  who will be the Slot, and King's health is in question. Greedy Williams was on the board as well as  some big fast WR like AJ Brown, Parris Campbell, and DK Metcalf. If they picked a LT that would be different. 

WR isn't that much more valuable than Guard. 

• Like 2